DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

samIam007

My 2014 has a little drone and a flutter if it shifts at high RPM. The only issue I have is the rattle or buzz I get when decelerating. I'm not sure if the internals of this muffler have came apart after a year or I just have a weird exhaust leak.

rogerk93

My 2014 has a little drone and a flutter if it shifts at high RPM. The only issue I have is the rattle or buzz I get when decelerating. I'm not sure if the internals of this muffler have came apart after a year or I just have a weird exhaust leak.

I have their off road exhaust that stops before the rear tire on my 14 jku and experience the same drone and flutter at high rmp shifts. Check your evap because I also have a rattle that came after I installed my exhaust and it is coming from my evap. It sounds like it is coming from the inside. I checked it and have no idea what it can be. Talking to other people who have stock exhaust also complained about the evap rattling. We are all unsure on what's causing the problem.

aTX427

How is everyone liking this system long term? Is the muffler getting hung on rocks and how is the drone on a 3.8?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I like it a lot. There isn't much drone, I only notice it between 2200 to 2600 rpm.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well I ended up removing mine recently and put the stock back on. I don't know if it is because it is a 2015 or what but everytime you stayed in the accelerator it sounded horrible at the shift point and the engine ran very rich. The exhaust was coated with black soot. The drone was just horrible when the motor was in the torque band.

This one does not sound good with the 3.6L. It is loud, and drones at certain rpms. I ran it a while, and ditched it. Like Wayoflife, I now run the Dynomax Quiet Crawler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

How is the Dynomax Quiet Crawler on the 3.8? I am not crazy about running the tailpipe all the way back. Has anyone cut it off past the muffler like the JK Evolution or does that create drone?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
How much louder is this system than stock? Really want to get this system but unsure of it will comply with our state laws. Here’s what the law is:

§291-24.5 Motor vehicle muffler. (a) No person shall use on a public highway, sell, alter or install a muffler which will noticeably increase the noise emitted by a motor vehicle above that emitted by the vehicle as equipped from the factory.

“Noticeably” is a little subjective to me so... thoughts?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
How much louder is this system than stock? Really want to get this system but unsure of it will comply with our state laws. Here’s what the law is:

§291-24.5 Motor vehicle muffler. (a) No person shall use on a public highway, sell, alter or install a muffler which will noticeably increase the noise emitted by a motor vehicle above that emitted by the vehicle as equipped from the factory.

“Noticeably” is a little subjective to me so... thoughts?

It’s louder, but not obnoxiously loud. Stock JKs are really quiet.

Whiskeyjack

Does anyone have pictures of the install in an 07-11 2dr jk? Even if I cut 2.5" off I can't imagine how I'd reach the hanger bracket with the downpipe.

BaddestCross

Several people mentioned getting it to hit in a 2DR but I can't seem to figure out how.
Not sure how or why. Different motor, different needs. The one I referenced is made for our specific Jeep. The hangers align with no problem. The only mod I made was cutting some length off the tail pipe so it wouldn't exit under the rear bumper and get crushed like the factory setup.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Whiskeyjack

Cut and weld new hangers? But yeah, it makes more sense to just go with the system made for the 2DR...

It certainly would, but I ordered this one because it was listed as compatible and I'm unable to return it.

I managed to get it on...ish. I cut down one section and managed to get the hanger on...it's a little questionable, so I might grab one of those adjustable hangers just for peace of mind.

BaddestCross

It certainly would, but I ordered this one because it was listed as compatible and I'm unable to return it.

I managed to get it on...ish. I cut down one section and managed to get the hanger on...it's a little questionable, so I might grab one of those adjustable hangers just for peace of mind.
Sorry, I didn't realize this was the before axle dump kit.

Yeah, their site does say it's compatible. So your saying you can't get the bracket to reach the new hanger that's included even if you cut the pipe?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Whiskeyjack

Sorry, I didn't realize this was the before axle dump kit.

Yeah, their site does say it's compatible. So your saying you can't get the bracket to reach the new hanger that's included even if you cut the pipe?

--

Yeah I'm probably doing something wrong, though. The bracket, if mounted at the front of the evap canister where the two bolts are, doesn't come anywhere near the hanger off the exhaust. It's actually behind the muffler, and the hanger is on the other end on the downpipe. I can mount the bracket on the other end of the evap, towards the back of the truck, but only one bolt instead of two. There, at least, I can slip the hanger on, though it's a little janky. I've got an adjustable hanger clamp on the way, at least I can put there where I need to. I'll update one I get it in case anyone else runs into the same problem I did.

BaddestCross

Yeah I'm probably doing something wrong, though. The bracket, if mounted at the front of the evap canister where the two bolts are, doesn't come anywhere near the hanger off the exhaust. It's actually behind the muffler, and the hanger is on the other end on the downpipe. I can mount the bracket on the other end of the evap, towards the back of the truck, but only one bolt instead of two. There, at least, I can slip the hanger on, though it's a little janky. I've got an adjustable hanger clamp on the way, at least I can put there where I need to. I'll update one I get it in case anyone else runs into the same problem I did.
Something doesn't sound right. I'll have to look at my setup when I get home. Not the same kit, but up to the point of the muffler should be the same I think. I don't recall the "muffler" being that far back.

--

Top Bottom