CJ buggy build

klungly

The differential is back together and torqued but setting the pinion preload is where I'm stuck. My impact isn't strong enough to crush the crush ring. I ordered another one, it should be here tomorrow. IMG_20170607_155141138.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The differential is back together and torqued but setting the pinion preload is where I'm stuck. My impact isn't strong enough to crush the crush ring. I ordered another one, it should be here tomorrow. View attachment 262358

You can either buy or build a yoke holder if you can weld. Then with a breaker bar, put a jack handle on the end of it and crank the shit out of it and just keep Checking the turning resistance.

klungly

You can either buy or build a yoke holder if you can weld. Then with a breaker bar, put a jack handle on the end of it and crank the shit out of it and just keep Checking the turning resistance.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried putting two bolts in the yoke flange and a wrecking bar to hold it still while I used a breaker bar. I used about 5ft of tubing for cheaters on both and only flexed the breaker bar. The impact I ordered might be a little over kill. 1350ft-lb of torque.

Top Bottom