GraniteCrystal build thread

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Here's mine mounted up under seat.
IMG_4327.jpg
And here's my amp mount under driver seat, that I made with some 1/8" steel strips. Same exact concept and mounts the same, the benefit to my mount it that I can drop the amplifier with removing the seat.
IMG_4328.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg
I didn't even bother painting it since it's not visible

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I did the CMM mount as well. I didn't like how the underhood mount blocks access to the master cylinder. If you run yours under the seat you may run into slight clearance issues with the air outlet fitting on the ARB. No biggie - just pick up a 90 deg elbow at Lowes or HD in their air tool section. I used a flexible compressor tank drain assy I found there. I also got one of those coiled hoses there and keep it in the Jeep at all times. I've aired up quite a few cars in parking lots for people with it. And I can reach all 4 corners with it easily by passing it through the rear doors. I ran my power line through the floor in one of the drain plugs instead of through the firewall.

Check post #103 https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11

GraniteCrystal

Good move...your friends were getting tired "lending you air"...

Ha. Yeah...didn't want to be that guy anymore. But thank you to Doug, Jeff, Jack, and you who have all loaned or offered to loan me air in the past two years!
Here's mine mounted up under seat.
View attachment 269217
And here's my amp mount under driver seat, that I made with some 1/8" steel strips. Same exact concept and mounts the same, the benefit to my mount it that I can drop the amplifier with removing the seat.
View attachment 269218
View attachment 269219
View attachment 269220
I didn't even bother painting it since it's not visible

Interesting. Yeah, I may try to do similar. Thanks for the pics!
I did the CMM mount as well. I didn't like how the underhood mount blocks access to the master cylinder. If you run yours under the seat you may run into slight clearance issues with the air outlet fitting on the ARB. No biggie - just pick up a 90 deg elbow at Lowes or HD in their air tool section. I used a flexible compressor tank drain assy I found there. I also got one of those coiled hoses there and keep it in the Jeep at all times. I've aired up quite a few cars in parking lots for people with it. And I can reach all 4 corners with it easily by passing it through the rear doors. I ran my power line through the floor in one of the drain plugs instead of through the firewall.

Check post #103 https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11
That's the plan. I guess I could've bought that expensive other piece for the ARB but why do that when I don't need it and can buy an elbow? Glad to hear you did similar. 👍

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Decided to move the convo to your thread since I don't want to muddy up the 2007-11 oil change thread.

Are you topping off your coolant with oem coolant or aftermarket? How often are you having to top it off?

GraniteCrystal

Decided to move the convo to your thread since I don't want to muddy up the 2007-11 oil change thread.

Are you topping off your coolant with oem coolant or aftermarket? How often are you having to top it off?

Topping off with OEM, straight from dealer, mixed 50/50 with water. Probably every 4 months or so. About how often I check it.

GraniteCrystal

You shouldn't need to top it off. Have you noticed it leaking anywhere?
Nope, no leaks. Had RockyMtnJeep take a look at it too and he didn't find anything wrong. Maybe it's just evaporating off? Or is it a closed system and that's impossible.

Next steps: add hood louver (waiting on paint), remove hood insulation, remove inner fenders. Basically try to give as much air as possible to the engine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nope, no leaks. Had RockyMtnJeep take a look at it too and he didn't find anything wrong. Maybe it's just evaporating off? Or is it a closed system and that's impossible.

Next steps: add hood louver (waiting on paint), remove hood insulation, remove inner fenders. Basically try to give as much air as possible to the engine.

A faulty radiator cap will cause the coolant to boil off. The cap raises the boiling point. If it's not working properly then your coolant will boil at a lower temp then intended. I just found at work the other day that cyoung16 2013 Wranglers rad cap was faulty when doing a pressure test on it. He was having to add coolant as well. Maybe start there. It's cheap insurance being that another oem one is only about $12

GraniteCrystal

A faulty radiator cap will cause the coolant to boil off. The cap raises the boiling point. If it's not working properly then your coolant will boil at a lower temp then intended. I just found at work the other day that cyoung16 2013 Wranglers rad cap was faulty when doing a pressure test on it. He was having to add coolant as well. Maybe start there. It's cheap insurance being that another oem one is only about $12
Anyway to visually know or just replace it and see what happens?

Top Bottom