New!!!! High-steer knuckles for your JK!!!!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Tie rod is an inch higher. The main advantage though is if you didn't want to drill your OEM knuckle and add the DL flip insert you could swap knuckles instead. These knuckles are pre-drilled with a tapered bore from the top down for the drag link. And of course they're painted red for only the most hardcore of trail wheelers.

Got it. My knuckles are already drilled. The extra inch would be cool, but not 450 bux cool. The red color, on the other hand, could sway me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

Would be cool if you made these in black as well. I understand the the urge to brand your products, but you can't simply make it ALL red.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Would be cool if you made these in black as well. I understand the the urge to brand your products, but you can't simply make it ALL red.

Are you really that stupid ? If you don't like the red then fucking spray paint it snowflake

deadguy

Thanks rancho!.... Now I have a better spot than the floor for my beer when I'm wrenching IMG_20170723_171300883.jpg

sent from a guy with a Jeep

aermotor

Just ordered up a set. With a discount the price was nearly $200 less than the Reids. I also like that these reuse the stock steering stop bolts, where you have to shave the Redis down. Warranty is better. Just made sense. Will post up some pics in a week or so once they are on.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Just ordered up a set. With a discount the price was nearly $200 less than the Reids. I also like that these reuse the stock steering stop bolts, where you have to shave the Redis down. Warranty is better. Just made sense. Will post up some pics in a week or so once they are on.

Mine did not retain steering stop bolts. But you could easily drill and tap a hole.

aermotor

Mine did not retain steering stop bolts. But you could easily drill and tap a hole.

Haha, well shit... got some misinformation then. Did you have to shave them down to stop like the Reids then?

ETA: I found an install PDF and I guess that's what you have to do, shave down the front/rear at the same time. I also see the instructions say the stop can be cut off and drilled for a 3/8" stop bolt if wanted.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Haha, well shit... got some misinformation then. Did you have to shave them down to stop like the Reids then?

ETA: I found an install PDF and I guess that's what you have to do, shave down the front/rear at the same time. I also see the instructions say the stop can be cut off and drilled for a 3/8" stop bolt if wanted.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm running a jk axle on my WJ. I left the knuckles just like they were and my steering is way better than my old axle. Better turning radius and less rubbing. So I'm not sure what you would have to do with yours. I would leave them as is, then test them and figure out if you need to change anything.

aermotor

Installing this now and I have a Synergy drag link flip and the rod end appears to fit the Rancho new taper perfectly... can I just bolt this on? Or do I need to ream it out to spec or use the TRE adapter sleeve?

WJCO

Meme King
Installing this now and I have a Synergy drag link flip and the rod end appears to fit the Rancho new taper perfectly... can I just bolt this on? Or do I need to ream it out to spec or use the TRE adapter sleeve?

I have the identical setup. It is a perfect fit. No reaming needed. Synergy flipped drag link stud fits right in the rancho knuckle.

Last edited:

aermotor

I have the identical setup. It is a perfect fit. No reaming needed. Synergy flipped drag link stud fits right in the rancho knuckle.

Awesome thanks WJCO! I ended up measuring the taper size and it matches up to what Synergy says to ream it out to so figured it was good. Thanks for the confirmation, makes me feel better!

Last edited:
Top Bottom