Building the Grendel

TheGrendel

Never saw that thread. Not much came up on searches about the. In fact, I've only seen 1 of these bumpers installed on a forum. That was over on wranglerforum. but, I really like the way it looks and the checking over the welds it looks great. Funny that thread was about D ring attachments. That was one of the things I liked about their build as they go through the bumper itself like Shrockworks.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Never saw that thread. Not much came up on searches about the. In fact, I've only seen 1 of these bumpers installed on a forum. That was over on wranglerforum. but, I really like the way it looks and the checking over the welds it looks great. Funny that thread was about D ring attachments. That was one of the things I liked about their build as they go through the bumper itself like Shrockworks.

Yeah, it looks beefy - I've never seen one in person. In fact, I had never heard of them before seeing that thread. I don't care how stout their bumper may be, the way they handled themselves was quite unprofessional and will never get any of my business.

Sorry for being a debbie downer on your thread... it does look good, and I'm glad you're happy with it :thumb:

TheGrendel

Bumper back from powdercoat and installed.

Motobilt bumper.jpg

Also got my new to Evo pro rear bumper back from powdercoat. Bought used from forum member. Decided to have it stripped and color matched to my front. The powder coater I use in Austin cut me an amazing deal.

Will get the Evo bumper installed and pictures put up hopefully tonight.

TheGrendel

Got the Evo Rear bolted up. My powder coat guy did an absolutely great job. Things are starting to come together. :rock:

Evo Rear Bumper.jpg

TheGrendel

thanks. i'll have a new tire to add to the true tire size as well. i'm trying out the new Yokohama Geo MT 003 in 35x12.5r17.

hoping to get them mounted and balanced this weekend.

TheGrendel

well, hello. :2thumbsup:

BIYgfbb.jpg

TheGrendel

well i got moved into our new home finally. still having to hound the builder to fix some lingering issues. but, it's nice to not be working in a condo garage anymore.

so, i've had this Motobilt bumper for a few months now. i've also been sitting on my Warn Zeon winch and lower skid plate.

let me just i don't always agree with this board on vendors. but, i sure wish i had seen the crap Motobilt pulled, so i would not have bought this pile of shit. and let me tell you, it is exactly that. a huge pile of shit.

the fog lights are way too narrow and the brackets interfere with trying to bolt down the winch. but, the worst part is the lower skid. it is so much harder to mount than it should be. plus, they don't have any directions.

alas, i can't afford to toss it in the garbage right now with new house. so, i'll just have to live it for awhile.

Ul0BOkF.jpg

Top Bottom