Wines of the Week

Jackal01

20171008_165203%7E2.jpg

Got this at Four Leaves winery in Durango a couple weeks ago. I went in for their regular port but he was a few weeks out from bottling. In the meantime I bought 2 of his 5 remaining bottles of this limited release one. It's like liquefied cake. In a plastic cup since I was working on post-trip repairs.

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 278642

A very nice Rhone wine tonight with our rack of lamb...the perfect pairing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice!

Enjoyed this Zin last night.

View attachment 279034

Been reading a bit about Lodi lately. Looks good, especially a good old vine Zins is one of my favorites. Store or club buy?

View attachment 279039

Got this at Four Leaves winery in Durango a couple weeks ago. I went in for their regular port but he was a few weeks out from bottling. In the meantime I bought 2 of his 5 remaining bottles of this limited release one. It's like liquefied cake. In a plastic cup since I was working on post-trip repairs.

Straight from the bottle works in a pinch too. [emoji12]

JAGS

Hooked
With all the fires in Sonoma & Napa, I fear the Cali wine industry is going to take a big hit...

Big hit, sure. But now I'm liking my central coast, Santa Barbara and Temecula areas even more.

I'm thinking the wineries will come back quick, the vines, not so much.

"The 2017 vintage has a distinct smokey flavor."

Right! [emoji33]

JAGS

Hooked
This is an awesome Tempranillo from Santa Barbara. Better than I remembered. Their Grenache made wine spectators top 50 for 2016. I thought that was worthy. This Tempranillo doesn't seem too far behind to me.

IMG_3235.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Another great offering from Spain. Excellent dark fruit accompanied by a mild oak finish synonymous with Reserva:

IMG_5737.jpg

Brute

Hooked
IMG_2323.jpg

Had this fabulous bottle of wine the other night...it is from the famed right bank Bordeaux Cheval Blanc which opened a vineyard in Argentina...primarily Malbec, with Cab Sauvignon & Petit Verdot...

Top Bottom