sipafz

Caught the Bug
Good god, sometimes life’s idiots make me want to drink! [emoji12]:

Nice Pinot that was on sale for $9.99:

IMG_5812.jpg

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I put the odds of that happening at about zero. Maybe I should order some more? :idontknow:

Ha!...generally speaking, good Bordeaux's are crafted to bottle age at least 8 years...and the great vintages can still be good 60 years or more...especially left bank wines which are primarily Cab Sauvignon...you can pop it early, but it's going to be big...maybe decant for an hour will help. Drink a younger Pinot first...that's my strategy...always drink the lesser wines before the better wines since it's harder to drink a so so bottle after a great one...

But of course after a couple bottles under the belt, all bets are off...

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
A double hitter...

So, this evening, I have doubled up on the tasting (it's called a pairing for a reason), 2 Stone Pillar wines. Nokota Mystical - White dry and Redneck Rose (self explanatory) sweet. Both are local, from a KC area winery.
Have driven past this winery for a few years now and happen to be off work and stopped for a tasting. These are 2 of those.

Attachments

• 1510279176379650523285.jpg
    1510279176379650523285.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 42

JAGS

Hooked
This Prose was more like a con. Dumped 1/3 of the bottle. Not sure what happened to these guys. I was a member for about 4-5 yrs. always great. The last couple shipments, been about 50/50 success or worse. Canned the membership last month.

IMG_3441.jpg

This was a solid chard from the Santa Barbara area. I only have one more bottle of Nebbiolo from them. Return trip to SB is in order!

IMG_3457.jpg

And this Competitor started as a real dud last night on the first glass. Let it sit in the pantry overnight and to my surprise, it must have been super tight, as tonight it shined in the later rounds. I'll be KO ing the bottle for sure.

IMG_3521.jpg

Been a busy week and half or so. [emoji6]

Brute

Hooked
clerico.jpg

A Barbaresco from Bruno Giacosa, which usually is excellent, was well past it's prime and we couldn't finish a glass of it...on the other hand, the Barolo from Clerico was incredible...

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
wine transfer 1.jpg

First 12 bottles we are bringing from Hawaii to Mercer Island...11 bottles of Colgin (Cab Sauvignon, Syrah, and Bordeaux style blends) and 1 bottle of Screaming Eagle...

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug

Attachments

• 8427.jpg
    8427.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 8435.jpg
    8435.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 38
  • 8426.jpg
    8426.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 8430.jpg
    8430.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41

sipafz

Caught the Bug
View attachment 283336

A Barbaresco from Bruno Giacosa, which usually is excellent, was well past it's prime and we couldn't finish a glass of it...on the other hand, the Barolo from Clerico was incredible...

View attachment 283342

That’s a-shame to hear that your Barbaresco had turned. I have a couple from 2001 or 2003 that I’d better get working on!

I think you’re just showing off with the second photo. I like it! 🤤[emoji7]

Top Bottom