Advice on lift

VMSHack

Check Craigslist near you, just did a quick search and found a set of 5 for 450 in South Denver. Very similar not sure if they're a color match though

Serious? You paid $700? I may have to sell mine when I get new wheels and tires...I have a 2013 Rubicon and want new/wheels when I get new tires, that would definitely help with new [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Definitely not going to waste any $ on a budget or cheap lift. I’ll wait until I can do a full blown lift. However I wasn’t sure if I’d even fit the 295’s without a little bit of a lift. I’ll definitely chop the fenders. What kind of backspacing do I need to be looking at in a wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

“Budget Boost,” doesn’t really mean, “poor quality.” It is a common term used for a spacer lift, which uses your Jeep’s factory springs, with spacers on top to give you height.

You have to figure out how tall you want your Jeep. You have a 2 door, so that makes things different. You will get much more than advertised lift height with a coil spring lift. In other words, a 3 inch lift will probably give you anything from 4 to 4.5 inches or more. Even with a something like an EVO Leveling Kit, you’ll get 3.25 to 3.5 inches of lift up front, if you don’t have a heavy bumper and winch up there.

GraniteCrystal

“Budget Boost,” doesn’t really mean, “poor quality.” It is a common term used for a spacer lift, which uses your Jeep’s factory springs, with spacers on top to give you height.

You have to figure out how tall you want your Jeep. You have a 2 door, so that makes things different. You will get much more than advertised lift height with a coil spring lift. In other words, a 3 inch lift will probably give you anything from 4 to 4.5 inches or more. Even with a something like an EVO Leveling Kit, you’ll get 3.25 to 3.5 inches of lift up front, if you don’t have a heavy bumper and winch up there.

3.5" inches off an Evo leveling kit? Seems a bit high there Clay. You've seen this?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
3.5" inches off an Evo leveling kit? Seems a bit high there Clay. You've seen this?

Yes. It’s all in this thread, only a few posts in.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/25303-Clay-s-Little-Build

View attachment 285690

Hell yes I could totally see that in a 2 door. Especially, with nothing up front. Others have stated the same with the 3" coils as well on a 2 door. IMHO, their coils are not 2 or 4 door specific.

WJCO

Meme King
Our EVO leveling kit gave us 2.5" up front but we have an LOD bumper and Zeon on the front.

brittanymeaghan

So I’ve finally decided on wheels. I shouldn’t have any issues rubbing with on-road driving hopefully and don’t plan on wheeling it until summer. So, I’ll hold off on any kind of lift until I recover from the wheels and tires [emoji23]
I didn’t mean that the budget boost would be poor quality, I just know I want to go and completely redo the suspension later on so I’d rather put all the money in one place when it comes to suspension.

Anyone have any experience/pics of these on their Jeep? I can’t seem to find buy a handful online. Do they seem to be decent quality?
IMG_8549.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
So I’ve finally decided on wheels. I shouldn’t have any issues rubbing with on-road driving hopefully and don’t plan on wheeling it until summer. So, I’ll hold off on any kind of lift until I recover from the wheels and tires [emoji23]
I didn’t mean that the budget boost would be poor quality, I just know I want to go and completely redo the suspension later on so I’d rather put all the money in one place when it comes to suspension.

Anyone have any experience/pics of these on their Jeep? I can’t seem to find buy a handful online. Do they seem to be decent quality?

I have never heard of those wheels, but I have heard of Extreme Terrain. They are thieves and I wouldn't spend a dime there. Here's just one thread about their shady practices: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/32388-Extreme-Terrain-Ripping-Off-WAYALIFE-Again!

brittanymeaghan

I have never heard of those wheels, but I have heard of Extreme Terrain. They are thieves and I wouldn't spend a dime there. Here's just one thread about their shady practices: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/32388-Extreme-Terrain-Ripping-Off-WAYALIFE-Again!

I wasn’t going to actually order though extreme terrain because of that reason exactly. I like using their website because it gives you a pretty good idea of what it’ll look like. There are a lot of sites that carry those wheels that I’d order through. I’ve seen a lot of them floating around with the dark grey finish but the bronze ones don’t seem to be too popular.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

View attachment 285699

I wasn’t going to actually order though extreme terrain because of that reason exactly. I like using their website because it gives you a pretty good idea of what it’ll look like. There are a lot of sites that carry those wheels that I’d order through. I’ve seen a lot of them floating around with the dark grey finish but the bronze ones don’t seem to be too popular.

I have seen those wheels and at one time looked at getting a bronze set, but I am a tight ass. I think they look real nice. I always look at sites like theirs, Quadretec and then check Amazon, because they seen less expensive on a lot of things.

brittanymeaghan

I have seen those wheels and at one time looked at getting a bronze set, but I am a tight ass. I think they look real nice. I always look at sites like theirs, Quadretec and then check Amazon, because they seen less expensive on a lot of things.

Thank! I ended up ordering them through a place called BB wheels. They seem to have pretty good reviews and they included the lugs, offered a discount for 4 or more wheels and had a $25 off coupon floating around. Plus their free shipping and no taxes since they’re out of state. So I ended up saving ~$250 going through them. Well see if they arrive and arrive in one piece. I’m really hoping I like these as much as I think I will

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thank! I ended up ordering them through a place called BB wheels. They seem to have pretty good reviews and they included the lugs, offered a discount for 4 or more wheels and had a $25 off coupon floating around. Plus their free shipping and no taxes since they’re out of state. So I ended up saving ~$250 going through them. Well see if they arrive and arrive in one piece. I’m really hoping I like these as much as I think I will

Shit! I need you to shop for me!!!!! Post 'em up when you get them installed.:thumb:

Top Bottom