Recent Shooting and Discussion

Jkratt

I live not far from the school. This is just another horrific incident. It is truly sad this is the world our kids have to grow up in. The worst thing my parents had to worry about was getting a call from the principals office saying I got into a fight. These poor parents have to be notified that their beloved child has been murdered and will never return.

I can't even fathom that.

As the days move forward I am sure we will find out what happened and the suspects motivation.

JAGS

Hooked
I think about this everyday. Regardless of whether I post on a Jeep forum. Today, a tragedy was realized by other families and not mine. I pray for those families as well as my own.

JAGS

Hooked
Unreal... This generation of young adults contains the most pathetic whiny little bitches of all time.

It’s the fault of the generations before them, not theirs, on how previous generations raised the next. They haven’t yet impacted the world they live, they are victims of it.

FWIW, teenagers and high school kids are hardly young adults. We force our youth into situations that their brains are simply not ready handle. Then trash them for not handling it well. That’s on us, not them. We’ve poorly prepared the next generations for their realities. That’s part of human nature because we see through the world through our own lenses. We’re selfish that way.

Angry Aussie

It’s the fault of the generations before them, not theirs, on how previous generations raised the next. They haven’t yet impacted the world they live, they are victims of it.

FWIW, teenagers and high school kids are hardly young adults. We force our youth into situations that their brains are simply not ready handle. Then trash them for not handling it well. That’s on us, not them. We’ve poorly prepared the next generations for their realities. That’s part of human nature because we see through the world through our own lenses. We’re selfish that way.

Well said sir. Couldn’t agree more. It’s older generations fault this stuff is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jjlong

I'm in no position to debate my opinion as I have not really studied up on it, but I think it has less to do with one generation not teaching the next, and more to do with how quickly and far information travels. I was surprised to find that according to Wikipedia, there were 25 school shooting and 29 deaths just between 1990-1993. That's during my generation but because it didn't happen near me, I don't recall hearing about any of them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Well said sir. Couldn’t agree more. It’s older generations fault this stuff is happening.

That’s not exactly what I’m saying. I’m not blaming anyone (generations) for the shootings. I’m simply saying the previous generations are responsible for the current environment and how the next generation comes into it. The results don’t always end up in shootings. That is an extreme, clearly. But let’s look at suicide rates, depression, anxiety, academic pressures, all the isms, etc, etc, etc.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

Deleted delete!!

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
It’s the fault of the generations before them, not theirs, on how previous generations raised the next. They haven’t yet impacted the world they live, they are victims of it...

I'm not going to argue with you there.... Society, Politics, Media, Entertainment, Parents.... It takes a village.

TrailHunter

Hooked
We gonna start this shit show again? Honestly, this thread accomplishes nothing and has nothing to do with jeeps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, Figuratively speaking.... if more parents took their kids Jeeping... possibly this shit wouldn't be happening. And if this thread inspires 1 parent here to wake the fuck up.. slap the video game controller out of their kids hand... and teach them a real skill instead.... then maybe it's worth the discussion.

Slimebones

That would be a good approach , start. All involved would be better off.
Well, Figuratively speaking.... if more parents took their kids Jeeping... possibly this shit wouldn't be happening. And if this thread inspires 1 parent here to wake the fuck up.. slap the video game controller out of their kids hand... and teach them a real skill instead.... then maybe it's worth the discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom