Welds: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Or The Beautiful

Did you do that? Nice weaves!

Yes I did. Thanks, they turned out decent.

Can’t say the same for the flux core welds tho. I didn’t like the way the cap turned out so I ended up walking over them with a tig rig.

Nice, yea I’ve never met a perfect out of position flux core weld. I’ve seen some pretty nice ones though. We built this big box girder, all welded with flux core. My buddy laid it down pretty smooth on this little outrigger. The one in the center of the circled area is uphill... Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That looks good, it’s nice and clean. Do y’all remove scale before flux?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, good eye! On that job, we removed the scale because it is a ‘fracture critical’ part of a railway system in California where they have earth quakes. Usually, for basic high rise buildings, we don’t have to clean milscale per AWS D1.1 code

Leeboy03

Yes, good eye! On that job, we removed the scale because it is a ‘fracture critical’ part of a railway system in California where they have earth quakes. Usually, for basic high rise buildings, we don’t have to clean milscale per AWS D1.1 code

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE

We have the occasional job that requires it but it’s not often. We have 3 jobs going now that we have to grind clean b/c they are going to Canada and will be in sub zero temps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE

We have the occasional job that requires it but it’s not often. We have 3 jobs going now that we have to grind clean b/c they are going to Canada and will be in sub zero temps.

Badass

Saw this on a walking bridge. Luckily seemed to be something not too load bearing, as I remember... IMG_2293.jpg

Top Bottom