Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints Install

Hangemhigh1

Other than what the others have mentioned, are you kind of tilting the shaft up a bit to make sure the splines clear the seal? I’ve left my guides in place the two times I’ve pulled mine but still had to wiggle the shaft up and down a bit to get them to seat.
Thank you for your feedback. I’m trying to figure out what is half way down the tube. My guess was that its the plastic axle guides. Pulled out 2, i guess there could be more? EB3C1B22-F756-4918-B036-383B05D427FD.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Thank you for your feedback. I’m trying to figure out what is half way down the tube. My guess was that its the plastic axle guides. Pulled out 2, i guess there could be more? View attachment 322304

Honestly, I’m not sure. I’ve pulled my front shafts twice and rears once. I didn’t run into the problem you are experiencing. Mines a sport so I know slightly different.

Hangemhigh1

Thank you for your feedback. I’m trying to figure out what is half way down the tube. My guess was that its the plastic axle guides. Pulled out 2, i guess there could be more? View attachment 322304
Thank you all again for all the feedback. It was very helpful. I Started working on installing the shaft again and again there was an obstruction. The end result was that the ring that was at the center fo the axle tube, was part of the shaft seal. Having seen that and seeing the write up on the shaft seal install, I opted for taking my Jeep to Adams Driveshaft and letting them do this work. This is above my skill set (yes I’m a chicken)

Hangemhigh1

More questions.

I put everything back together, on both the passenger and the driver side. The ball joints came off easy, the new Dynatrac ball joints went on easy. I still had to fight the axle on the driver side to remove it. The same thing happened on the driver side. Part of the seal followed the shaft out of the tube. As I mentioned, I’m taking my rig to a shop to get new seals installed. The distance is 21 miles. I’m only driving it that day, and leaving it parked till then. Does anyone know if there is the potential for the diff. fluid to spill out of the axle tubes in the time it will take to get to the shop 21 miles away? I live in Las Vegas and it’s still cool during the a.m. if that makes a difference. Has anyone run into this issue? Thank you in advance for any insight.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
As I mentioned, I’m taking my rig to a shop to get new seals installed. The distance is 21 miles. I’m only driving it that day, and leaving it parked till then. Does anyone know if there is the potential for the diff. fluid to spill out of the axle tubes in that time? I live in Las Vegas and it’s still cool during the a.m. if that makes a difference. Has anyone run into this issue? Thank you in advance for any insight.

Shove a good sized rag in the tube and you'll be fine.

Hangemhigh1

Shove a good sized rag in the tube and you'll be fine.
The axle shaft is in the tube. The whole assembly is completely put together. I was thinking of leaving the axle shafts out, but I wanted the shop too see the whole thing completely assembled.

Bumping this thread to plug Dynatrac and WAYALIFE for showing me the right path on these Pro Steer ball joints. Jeep handles great. Zero wobble. Should have installed these months ago.

I had tightened up my track bar and balanced my tires, and my ball joints only had a little over 1/16” of vertical play so I wasn’t convinced that they were the underlying wobble source, but I was wrong.

I did not use the write up in this thread, but it seems pretty spot on. I did use the Dynatrac instructional video on YouTube. Solid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom