VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac PR44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So if the JL tube is a bit larger.. but longer... then the JL tube is almost equal in strength to the JK... But add the FAD and now the JL Rubicon Axle is weaker than the JK Rubicon axle... ? No?

:cheesy: you're applying too much logic here my friend. :D

fiend

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah, this is why you'll hear guys go on and on about how they run 40's with a sleeved axle and/or trussed and with gussets installed. If half these guys played as hard as they imagine, they'd know what ultimately is the weak link. I only know because I've been there and done that.

With that said, I was specific to say that it'd be a real problem with 5.38's... I might be willing to give it another try with 5.13 :crazyeyes:

Realistically, could you turn 40s with 5.13s with the 8 speed transmission? Maybe on the trails in 4 low, but on the pavement?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! Well, I actually watch Jeep videos to really learn something...which is why your videos are in a different league than the “look at my girlfriend’s ass while she bends over to install an unnecessary blinker fluid catch reservoir” crap that’s out there.

:cheesy: Well, I suppose I could show my ass off a bit more but I have a feeling it'd scare people away :crazyeyes:

Realistically, could you turn 40s with 5.13s with the 8 speed transmission? Maybe on the trails in 4 low, but on the pavement?

On a JL? Oh yeah. The all new 8-speed automatic transmission can push 37's on 4.10 gears without any problems. I'm totally tempted to give it a try but have a feeling I'll break something :crazyeyes:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ha! Well, I actually watch Jeep videos to really learn something...which is why your videos are in a different league than the “look at my girlfriend’s ass while she bends over to install an unnecessary blinker fluid catch reservoir” crap that’s out there.

Links please.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LOL - someone is really paying close attention. YES, the Sport and Sahara axle would technically be stronger than a Rubicon if only because it's made with the same tube but narrower. They would have less leverage on them. :yup:

So, girth is more important than length...
IMG_3268.JPG

Jsouder53

Hooked
Man I can’t wait to get a prorock!! Maybe in the next year or so hopefully!!! And hopefully before something gives out! [emoji51]

Mozarkid

You bet! Have more just like it coming your way :)

So... what about the metallurgy?
Hardness & toughness are more important than girth.
Seems people understand this when yak'n about drive shafts...

Axle tubes matter. Gimme great steel, not phat pipe!

WJCO

Meme King
So... what about the metallurgy?
Hardness & toughness are more important than girth.
Seems people understand this when yak'n about drive shafts...

Axle tubes matter. Gimme great steel, not phat pipe!

Dynatrac uses quality US steel.

benatc1

Hooked
:cheesy: Well, I suppose I could show my ass off a bit more but I have a feeling it'd scare people away :crazyeyes:

On a JL? Oh yeah. The all new 8-speed automatic transmission can push 37's on 4.10 gears without any problems. I'm totally tempted to give it a try but have a feeling I'll break something :crazyeyes:

Try it out, and let me know lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Enjoyed the video. Makes me feel good that I have a prorock 44 up front [emoji16]. Are the rear stock JK axle tubes the same diameter and thickness as the front? I’m too lazy to measure lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha sounds like deal!

Awesome! Looks like we may need to get your Jeep sitting a bit higher sooner than later :D

Enjoyed the video. Makes me feel good that I have a prorock 44 up front [emoji16]. Are the rear stock JK axle tubes the same diameter and thickness as the front? I’m too lazy to measure lol.

Actually, the JK rear axle was always pretty decent or at least, for a semi-float being that it was a true 44. As in, it has 3" tubes. The JL is the same and up to 37's, I would think most people could make it work for quite a while.

So is there oil in the tube for the FAD or does it run with no oil?

Well, there's no gear oil in it but I do think it's lubed with a grease kinda like the sway bar disco motor.

benatc1

Hooked
Awesome! Looks like we may need to get your Jeep sitting a bit higher sooner than later :D

Actually, the JK rear axle was always pretty decent or at least, for a semi-float being that it was a true 44. As in, it has 3" tubes. The JL is the same and up to 37's, I would think most people could make it work for quite a while.

Well, there's no gear oil in it but I do think it's lubed with a grease kinda like the sway bar disco motor.
Tell me about it.. hopefully by summer

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom