Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

wjtstudios

Hooked
How much did those sum bucks weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We didn’t have a scale on the river but plus it minus 30 lbs. I was chasing a 48”+ salmon up and down the river that had to weight in the 40 lb class. My 8 wt rod could take it it and broke after the third battle. He won , I lost. I ordered a 10 wt hydros for next year. Happy birthday to me!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
We didn’t have a scale on the river but plus it minus 30 lbs. I was chasing a 48”+ salmon up and down the river that had to weight in the 40 lb class. My 8 wt rod could take it it and broke after the third battle. He won , I lost. I ordered a 10 wt hydros for next year. Happy birthday to me!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A little off topic but what’s a good fly rod setup to learn with. Something to start off with and practice in my pond? I know nothing at all about them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Damn that’s pretty good. Just over 33 pounds won the derby back home this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I ordered a 10 wt hydros for next year. Happy birthday to me!

Nice! Bummer about your 8wt though. Mine did the same. But mine was due to my shit back cast in the wind and a heavy clouser smashing into it. lol
Looking at snagging a 10’ 10wt H3. Let us know what you think of the new stick.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn that’s pretty good. Just over 33 pounds won the derby back home this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

They are absolutely massive coming out if Lake Michigan. In my 30 years of fishing that river I have never seen anything like that. Every year the last couple of years I say that and every they get bigger. The bait fish population in the GLs is really healthy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice! Bummer about your 8wt though. Mine did the same. But mine was due to my shit back cast in the wind and a heavy clouser smashing into it. lol

Will do, don’t know if I’ll have it in time for next weekends run. I don’t do well with failure, I gotta have revenge on that beast.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
A little off topic but what’s a good fly rod setup to learn with. Something to start off with and practice in my pond? I know nothing at all about them.

I really do like Orvis rods, they have a entry level set up called a Clearwater that comes with a reel and rod set that carries a good warranty an cast quite well for the money. There are less expensive setups, but they don’t cast or last as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I really do like Orvis rods, they have a entry level set up called a Clearwater that comes with a reel and rod set that carries a good warranty an cast quite well for the money. There are less expensive setups, but they don’t cast or last as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks, I’ll check them out. I’d rather pay a little more for something that works well versus buying cheap and getting pissed off trying to learn on it and then give up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks, I’ll check them out. I’d rather pay a little more for something that works well versus buying cheap and getting pissed off trying to learn on it and then give up.

I couldn’t agree more. Having crap equipment and quitting because you get frustrated with is a great way to miss out on a wonderful sport. Next to running the Jeep, it’s my favorite thing to do.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yakima has a new rod holder that looks pretty sweet...pricey for what it is, but sweet nonetheless.

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.JPG

JKbrick

Andy I asked my dad and he said he has a couple fly rods for you that you could get used to fly fishing with before you spend any money on equipment

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Andy I asked my dad and he said he has a couple fly rods for you that you could get used to fly fishing with before you spend any money on equipment

Well that’s just awesome! Thanks. I’ll have to get them from you next time I see you. When you get your tipm back we’ll have to Try to figure out what the hells wrong with Brick.

Brute

Hooked

Buy the very best you can afford...and don’t give up; fly fishing doesn’t happen overnight...

Brute

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ouch...I just ordered me a 10’ 8wt Sage X...lmk how you like Hydros...

Top Bottom