PLEASE - DO NOT Post Up GPS Coordinates or Trail Directions on WAYALIFE

Trail JK

I understand the idea and think its amazing specially not handing out coord to just anyone but some are refusing to take them out and show the trails in person which I completely disagree with. I wasnt fortunate enough to grow up in the mounts, forests, or deserts exploring like a lot of you but instead started on my own when I left home. It deeply hurts me the fact that you wouldn't show someone specially someone who isnt local hurts. I just returned from a 4 year stint in the UK where anyone that Off-roads or there green lanes is highly frowned upon. If it wasn't for some of the more experienced people there showing, teaching, and correcting us I wouldve probably gotten in trouble for making a left where I wasnt suppose to. So maybe taking out some of the younger people to a well known trail 1st to see how they act and how they to being corrected instead of just refusing to take only people you know closely is a good idea. Thats what I have done in the UK and was highly successful and hoping to find someone to show me trails here in florida and explore myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can always go to your local bookstore and purchase trail books for your area I've done that and they're really helpful and give you some great information.

That's said, for those girls out there who think all the sensitive ones are taken they should check out your post. [emoji106][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mikem0141

Trails should be shared and shown to everyone, if people choose to take advantage of that privilege then that should be taken care of but the more people trying new trails and showing there friends is how this is all supposed to be it's for fun for everyone like-minded not a cult in which certain members know of more than others... Just my $.02

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Trails should be shared and shown to everyone, if people choose to take advantage of that privilege then that should be taken care of but the more people trying new trails and showing there friends is how this is all supposed to be it's for fun for everyone like-minded not a cult in which certain members know of more than others... Just my $.02

That's how it gets destroyed. Find it on your own, if you want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Says the guy who lives in an area where there are no public lands let alone historic trails worthy of being protected. Thank you for your 2¢ though, I now know who never to share trails that I know with.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Show me your wife's tits. It'll be fun.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I'll share a trail after you share your wife.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

In case you jumped in, without reading the first post, see this link...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4360-Lost-to-History-Forever-Before-amp-After-Photos

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I understand the idea and think its amazing specially not handing out coord to just anyone but some are refusing to take them out and show the trails in person which I completely disagree with. I wasnt fortunate enough to grow up in the mounts, forests, or deserts exploring like a lot of you but instead started on my own when I left home. It deeply hurts me the fact that you wouldn't show someone specially someone who isnt local hurts. I just returned from a 4 year stint in the UK where anyone that Off-roads or there green lanes is highly frowned upon. If it wasn't for some of the more experienced people there showing, teaching, and correcting us I wouldve probably gotten in trouble for making a left where I wasnt suppose to. So maybe taking out some of the younger people to a well known trail 1st to see how they act and how they to being corrected instead of just refusing to take only people you know closely is a good idea. Thats what I have done in the UK and was highly successful and hoping to find someone to show me trails here in florida and explore myself.

Go out and explore, drive around, get some usfs maps and go nuts. Exploring and finding new stuff is half the fun. That being said, you're coming off like you get butt hurt pretty easily. Maybe that's why no one wants to wheel with you?

Cody Hutchison

I have never had an issue with people wheeling with me but I have met and convinced some shy people that aren't very out going or even nervous to go out and it is but for example where I live now you can't just explore because certain areas need special permits and could easily wander into a firing range where they test drop bombs that don't always go off so having someone experienced is very nice to have

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have never had an issue with people wheeling with me

Guess you can't have an issue if they refuse to take you out and show you the trails.

but I have met and convinced some shy people that aren't very out going or even nervous to go out

Kind of sounds like a newbie run. I wouldn't have a clue as what that would be like. Thank you for taking the time to self-righteously pat yourself on the back and chastising others for not being the super cool guy that you are.

and it is but for example where I live now you can't just explore because certain areas need special permits and could easily wander into a firing range where they test drop bombs that don't always go off so having someone experienced is very nice to have

Right, I live out in Nevada, a really small state with no open land and I wouldn't know anything about bombing ranges let alone nuclear ones. If anything like that were out here, I'm sure the government would make it super easy for people to just wander into them.

WJCO

Meme King
We were just talking about this on the trail today. It's nice to find spots that aren't easily known by the majority and haven't been fucked up yet.

Slimebones

I for one really appreciate the solitude to be had on some of these trails here in Colorado. That is one of the main attractions for me doing this. I will take all of this I can get and realize nothing lasts forever. Share with friends and enjoy.

Rebelcon

Agreed, I have seen first hand how it just gets trampled and disrespected from "internet word of mouth". I can't tell you how many recovery calls we got from people thinking they could go out, for their first time, on decently difficult trails with stock rigs, even modified rigs. Some of our funnest days have been just pulling off the side of the road and finding a new place.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Interesting thread revival. I agree also the internet has changed some people to share secluded locations, which in turn was not the greatest idea.

I personally know of some secluded places to fish, camp, backpack and enjoy some cool buildings that still stand. And definitely isolated, these locations were handed down to me from college professors and a outdoors group.

So I still visit on occasion and only few have been with me.

DH2002

I completely agree with this but it is unfortunate that we have to say it because people can’t be responsible human beings and take care of stuff on the explore. I’ve seen several trails especially in the north east here where trails are limited, when they Are made public they get destroyed. And it all ends eventually with usually the DEP coming in and shutting everything down.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I completely agree with this but it is unfortunate that we have to say it because people can’t be responsible human beings and take care of stuff on the explore. I’ve seen several trails especially in the north east here where trails are limited, when they Are made public they get destroyed. And it all ends eventually with usually the DEP coming in and shutting everything down.

The sad truth is, there are a LOT of people who would prefer to just shut everything down.

98XJ06LJ

The sad truth is, there are a LOT of people who would prefer to just shut everything down.
Very true, there are almost as many groups out there fighting to close public access roads and trails as there are groups trying to save them.

I worked as a firefighter for the Forest Service when I was younger, there are so many closed trails out there. When your job entails driving thru the Colorado back country from one Forest Service road to the next patrolling for wildfires and clearing downed trees, you tend to find a few hidden gems that most never stumble across.
Unfortunately I personally had to partake in closing some of these trails by cutting trees to build road blocks. It seemed every year another trail or road made the hit list.

Most people don't realize this but, in the mid 1900's the US Forest Service was constructing more miles of road than any other government entity. This went on for years until lobbyist began to fight the logging industry.

Once their grip tightened on the logging industry their focus turned to OHV access and trail systems. Claiming everything from elevated erosion to EPA violations from vehicle fluids and trash left behind. Unfortunately, these days the general public gives these activist groups way too much ammunition.

As a group on this forum it is very important for all of us to do our part and sometimes the part of others as they seem to leave their part scattered on the ground.
Please volunteer whenever possible to complete trail maintenance and trash pickup in your local area. While doing this is not as enjoyable as being behind the wheel on your favorite trail, not participating in these events can very well cost you the use of your favorite trail in the future. It is also a great way to meet other off-road enthusiasts in your area that you can wheel with in the future.

Let's all do our best to make sure that our children and our grandchildren have somewhere to wheel their Jeeps! 👍

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom