Best way to store mounted tires/wheels

LearJeff

Hi Jeep Peeps. I just got some new wheels and tires for my 2016 JKR-HR: IMG_7350.jpg I went with a set of 5 Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W's (315/70R17, E-rating, 10-ply) mounted to cheap steelies (ProComp Soft 8's). Which leaves me with these left over...
IMG_7386.jpg . Considering the insanely low offers I've gotten for them (5500 documented miles, not a scratch one on the wheels nor a single scuff on a tire) I've decided to just keep 'em. If I don't do this with them: IMG_7385.jpg then I'm going to store them for possible future use. Just wondering what the general consensus is on proper storage of mounted tires/wheels? Fully inflated? Partially inflated? Mostly deflated? Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Living room!

Seriously though, no matter what you do they are going to be tough to store. I ageee with what Jesse said. Throw them on the CL and take what you can get. Cash is a lot better than 5 paperweights.

ob_tj

Stack 4 of them 2 high, lay a piece of glass over them, put it in front of a couch and boom you've go a kick ass coffee table. As for the 5th just leave it in the garage.

enfielded0405

In college when I was drag racing I did have a coffee table of slicks.

For the tires I would put them in black plastic contractor garbage bags and store then flat stacked high.

LearJeff

Haha! Guess that's the root reason for the insanely low offers! I don't know if this happens to you guys, but when I'm buying, I never seem to come across the smokin' deals - everyone always wants top dollar and is pretty much willing to tell me to "f" off with my lowball offers. Yet when I'm the seller, nothing I'm selling seems to be worth a day old dog turd, whether it's a Les Paul, a bunch of Snap-On tools or these damn tires and wheels! But I'm definitely picking up what you guys are throwin' down. Point taken. CL here I come! Thanks everyone :)

black pearl

Hooked
Haha! Guess that's the root reason for the insanely low offers! I don't know if this happens to you guys, but when I'm buying, I never seem to come across the smokin' deals - everyone always wants top dollar and is pretty much willing to tell me to "f" off with my lowball offers. Yet when I'm the seller, nothing I'm selling seems to be worth a day old dog turd, whether it's a Les Paul, a bunch of Snap-On tools or these damn tires and wheels! But I'm definitely picking up what you guys are throwin' down. Point taken. CL here I come! Thanks everyone :)

I think the Bay Area is just flooded with rubicon takeoffs so the market is low hell I still have mine stacked in a barn but I may have a plan for them

Sahara_Maverick

Same issue here. I have three sets. One that came with the Jeep (Good Year all season) and two BFGs (32 AT and 35 KO). I bought the 32 and used 35s for a penny on the Dollar - literally. Guy was moving and wanted to get rid of them. Came with the original Rubicon 17in rims. I believe I paid $100 for the two sets. So, just stacked them in my garage. Probably should sell them. Have been using only the 35s anyway. All were almost new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

LearJeff

I think the Bay Area is just flooded with rubicon takeoffs so the market is low hell I still have mine stacked in a barn but I may have a plan for them

I may have a plan for mine, too. I actually really like the factory 17" rims. And I just have a hard time giving them away. Hell, the damn TPMS sensors are like $50-70 each or something like that. But I don't really care for the 31" tires... so I'll probably get rid of the tires and mount some 33's on the rims. Then I can change the look whenever I feel the need for something new. IDK? Might be a plan :)

LearJeff

Same issue here. I have three sets. One that came with the Jeep (Good Year all season) and two BFGs (32 AT and 35 KO). I bought the 32 and used 35s for a penny on the Dollar - literally. Guy was moving and wanted to get rid of them. Came with the original Rubicon 17in rims. I believe I paid $100 for the two sets. So, just stacked them in my garage. Probably should sell them. Have been using only the 35s anyway. All were almost new.

Wow! Here I thought I may have had something "unique" with only 5500 miles on them but I guess not. Hey, it's why I love this WAYALIFE Forum. Lots of valuable information and insight here. I have definitely changed my view on this particular subject!

Sahara_Maverick

Wow! Here I thought I may have had something "unique" with only 5500 miles on them but I guess not. Hey, it's why I love this WAYALIFE Forum. Lots of valuable information and insight here. I have definitely changed my view on this particular subject!

LOL! Nope. Here in the Seattle area Craigslist has tons of this stuff. I kept the extra sets as insurance for the trails and thought about exchanging the 35s by the 32s when not going on the rides. However, got addicted to the 35s and the two sets of 32s are in the garage.
I'll get rid of them this Summer.

Top Bottom