HighwayTrout's build

Still need to do ball joints, tie rod and replace a missing shock that should be here tomorrow or the next. Not looking forward to drilling out the knuckle to 7/8. But at least it’s driveable now. Might actually drive it around these next few days.

The rust on the rotors speaks volumes. Glad to see you working on the Jeep though :thumb:

lol
The first brake application at the end of the street during the test drive was fun. It chattered a bit but smoothed out and all is well again. [emoji106]

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I always pictured my Jeep decked out with rod vaults and always ready to jump in and find a stream or hit the surf. But hell. I should honestly just sell the thing.

This may be more miles driven than Piginajeep...
View attachment 333828 .
33 miles all year. (Post New Years run)

Had a few minutes today set aside to figure out where I’m at with this thing.
Tightened loose crap on the suspension. Everything was loose. Everything. Adjusted the tire carrier and got it rattle free again. See how long it lasts this time. But the main deal today was to actually make it drive-able. In went a new Exudos drag link. Happy to report the wheels/steering wheel are straight and no more stability control going crazy.

View attachment 333829 .
So now I’m in bed feeling about a dozen or so metal splinters in my arms and hands from reaming the knuckle and pitman arm.

I was driving mine to work[emoji23]. I let my employee drive it and now it has misfires [emoji24].

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Still need to do ball joints, tie rod and replace a missing shock that should be here tomorrow or the next. Not looking forward to drilling out the knuckle to 7/8. But at least it’s driveable now. Might actually drive it around these next few days.

okay...you get the award for biggest procrastinator. You blew that shock out last January...

And definitely get the full length fly rod holders...I'm ordering mine to hang on my trailer this week, and when I reconfigure my bed cage in Brute, I'm going to transfer them to the truck...

okay...you get the award for biggest procrastinator. You blew that shock out last January...

And definitely get the full length fly rod holders...I'm ordering mine to hang on my trailer this week, and when I reconfigure my bed cage in Brute, I'm going to transfer them to the truck...

Are you going with Denver Outfitters or one of the others? Im sitting on the fence cause I don’t think there is a solution yet for switch or spey rods. That and I decided against a cage or roof rack. Maybe when I get a JT....

Brute

Hooked
Are you going with Denver Outfitters or one of the others? Im sitting on the fence cause I don’t think there is a solution yet for switch or spey rods. That and I decided against a cage or roof rack. Maybe when I get a JT....

Denver Outfitters...yup. Check to see if the tubes are big enough to have your switch/spey rods broken down in half but rigged...

Did they send the old one back?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yup. I ended up just going with a brand new one. The quote to fix the bent broken one was only 75 bucks cheaper than a new one being just about everything on it needed to be replaced.

I’ll end up sending it back with all of them to get serviced and repaired next go around. Plus I’ll have a spare clutter my shop so I can throw it away in fifteen years. lol

Top Bottom