BUST - Part 3 : The California Emigrant Trail / Crossing the Great Divide

agr1144

Great trip. I hope to do it some day. How long did the whole trip take? I assume it’s marked but in places it looked like you were just driving across pastures with no road or even a 2-track. 19:18 for Ep 4.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
As always, very cool video and adventure. It’s really neat to see the different trail markers and names carved in the rocks. That first cow looked like it didn’t wanna mooove. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rmccown

Another great video. My wife wanted to know if there is a GPS track available for your trip!

23:40 for Part 4

benatc1

Hooked
Finally able to watch this, another cool video can tell you guys are definitely reaching the west as it's becoming much more remote. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an awesome video yet again. In one part of the video you where looking at the swells from the wagons, it looked like the vegetation still hadn’t fully grown back after all these years. Thank you for sharing next video I’m guessing to be 19:21

It really is kind of amazing. Granted, there were literally thousands of wagons that traveled along those trails and for about 50 years!

Thanks for bringing history to life. Great series.

So happy to hear you've been enjoying the videos :)

Its so fun to make a trip with people that are fun to be around. Great group you always have with you! 22:11 is my next guess.

It's the friends you do a trip like this with that truly make it epic! :yup:

Great trip. I hope to do it some day. How long did the whole trip take? I assume it’s marked but in places it looked like you were just driving across pastures with no road or even a 2-track. 19:18 for Ep 4.

Took 2 days to get to the starting point and we planned on 7 days to get to California.

As always, very cool video and adventure. It’s really neat to see the different trail markers and names carved in the rocks. That first cow looked like it didn’t wanna mooove. Lol.

LOL - too funny :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Entertaining and informative as usual!

Guessing 20:20 for episode 4

Awesome, glad to hear it :)

Another great video. My wife wanted to know if there is a GPS track available for your trip!

23:40 for Part 4

Sorry, this is not something we do. I will say that the National Parks Service does offer information that will help you out.

Finally able to watch this, another cool video can tell you guys are definitely reaching the west as it's becoming much more remote. Thanks for sharing!

Wyoming and Nevada are without question, the states with the most remote stretches and really, it's kind of amazing there's that much being that so much of the path has become the Transcontinental Railroad and I-80 and most of that has been settled over the last 170+ years.

Great series; it would only be fitting to close out the trip with historical reference. Part 4 guess 18:49.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Just as I was thinking it wouldn't be a Wayalife video without a night time breakdown you said it. Perfect.
Glad it was minor.
I've always been fascinated with the travel west of the wagon trains. Glad you did it, the only thing that would make it better is me doing it..

:thumb:

Don... let’s get this in motion.

Took me a couple days to catch up. And I picked the perfect time. Just quit a very stressful job and really have no idea what’s coming next. But watching this series has really helped that decision and put it into perspective. Sometimes you just have to head west and start fresh. Lovin’ it guys.

Next episode.... 24:20

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just getting caught back up on this. I love the fact that so much of the trail is still intact. What a life experience seeing all of that. As always, amazing video!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom