What problems does your Jeep have this week?

laffman

Battery in the wife's Islander died this weekend thanks to the sub-zero temps. Not bad though for the original battery in a 2010 JK, 7-8 years.

Right... blower motor fixed itself after a pothole. So either sticky motor or loose wires. Either way not digging into it in the cold unless I have to, there’s plenty of potholes around I can refix it with if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_1487.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Right... blower motor fixed itself after a pothole. So either sticky motor or loose wires. Either way not digging into it in the cold unless I have to, there’s plenty of potholes around I can refix it with if I have to.

Lol. Glad you didn't have to spend any time or money on it.

BobNH

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 289143

Haha, awesome. Gotta love Jeeps. I had the wiper motor die in my TJ, took off the cover and applied some percussive maintenance and it was fine for four more years and going strong when I traded it.
Glad it's worked out for ya!

JES

Still trying to get the OBD to go ready for the O2 and EVAP, so this thing can get througb emissions testing in TN. 1 week, 200 miles and counting.

I've followed the Chrysler drive cycle for these two, and that didn't ready up the OBD. So any input is welcome

Note to self - don't disconnect the battery when working out of state.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Still trying to get the OBD to go ready for the O2 and EVAP, so this thing can get througb emissions testing in TN. 1 week, 200 miles and counting.

I've followed the Chrysler drive cycle for these two, and that didn't ready up the OBD. So any input is welcome

Note to self - don't disconnect the battery when working out of state.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

One of the times I’m glad to live in Michigan, no testing and no checks. So the issue you’re having is it won’t let you do an o2 readiness test?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SubzArtz

Clunking from my rear MC trac bar. Seemed to strip the threads out, because the jam but was not tight enough to the bar. (Disclaimer; I check all the jam nuts during reg. maintenance, however, the jam nut is seized up, therefore I thought it was tight...) Wasn’t until I starting hearing a clunk when I make sharp turns, or swerving back and forth. New MC trac bar is on the way from MetalCloak.

Called Metal Cloak on Tues., Jan 2nd, trac bar was here in Chicago, Sat., Jan 6th. Installed it & No More CLUNK! Awesome customer service. I like my Jeep better when I’m not playing “Name that Sound!”

pcheck62

I found pieces of my Teraflex budget boost in the driveway. Upon inspection the whole spacer on the passenger side is gone. Seems to be a thing and Teraflex will be sending a replacement. Any seasoned advice or input is appreciated.

WJCO

Meme King
I found pieces of my Teraflex budget boost in the driveway. Upon inspection the whole spacer on the passenger side is gone. Seems to be a thing and Teraflex will be sending a replacement. Any seasoned advice or input is appreciated.

Advice or input? Don't buy teraflex shit. Sorry to hear about your issue, but teraflex doesn't have a good reputation. For awhile, it was just their steel, but this is now the 3rd rubber failure I've heard about within a year. May be best to upgrade to a US-made leveling kit like Evo or Rancho.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Seriously, how do you F’k up a spacer??? I have some Teraflex spacers, and have had no problems, but I’ll be damned if I would buy them again.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Seriously, how do you F’k up a spacer??? I have some Teraflex spacers, and have had no problems, but I’ll be damned if I would buy them again.

My Jeep had Teraflex spacers on it when I bought it. You can tell they are deteriorated. Just hoping they hold up until I finally get the rest of the parts to go with the 3" lift coils that are sitting on a shelf in the shop.

Top Bottom