what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

mule

I have just ordered a little teardrop, similar to the runaway campers, Rustic Teardrop Trailers . The small one, 900 pounds with AC, starting at about 6K

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeep Bro 08

Your gears really should match your tire size, assuming from your avatar pic you've upgraded from stock? There really isn't so much of a "towing gear". Having said that, I ordered mine from the factory with the towing package and it came with 3:73 gears.
Biggest tire id run would be 35s and towing my trailer with rhino thru hill country

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

bill.turner

am curious what do you think the biggest is that will fit it ? ............... I admit I stumbled on the tab trailers by accident not to long ago when I began looking at all the various options for em and I do like the tab trailers in general , I figure anything made by the Amish is bound to hold up a bit better than most , I like the size overall , and since we are somewhat limited in weight these fit that bill nicely while still being a fully equipped set up if you option it out that way .. ... and for the outback I liked it has more ground clearance seems like it is built a bit tougher than the regular tab as well ..

there is a few others I like as well but for the most part they all range up pretty close to out overall weight limit , while these along with a few others that are pretty new on the market ( besides pop ups ) leave a bit of room to spare when fully loaded before getting to the limit ........
also wondering how your doing on mileage when towing ...

Here is the photo. As I stated, IMG_4459.jpg The factory does modifications if you order it that way. I am sure you could get a lift put on it for larger tires. I bought out of stock in Columbus Ohio from a dealer there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bill.turner

am curious what do you think the biggest is that will fit it ? ............... I admit I stumbled on the tab trailers by accident not to long ago when I began looking at all the various options for em and I do like the tab trailers in general , I figure anything made by the Amish is bound to hold up a bit better than most , I like the size overall , and since we are somewhat limited in weight these fit that bill nicely while still being a fully equipped set up if you option it out that way .. ... and for the outback I liked it has more ground clearance seems like it is built a bit tougher than the regular tab as well ..

there is a few others I like as well but for the most part they all range up pretty close to out overall weight limit , while these along with a few others that are pretty new on the market ( besides pop ups ) leave a bit of room to spare when fully loaded before getting to the limit ........
also wondering how your doing on mileage when towing ...

The MPG IS ABOUT 15.5 in the hills around northeastern Ohio.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
The MPG IS ABOUT 15.5 in the hills around northeastern Ohio.

Thanks Bill
So if i re gear & im on 33s will it help with performance on hill while towing & just getting down the highway going 80mph

Dunno that i would wanna run down the highway doin 80 with a trailer behind me .. but then maybe thats just me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Dunno i used to drive alot of miles with a horse trailer behind me and bout the most i would do was 60 , loaded or not ... granted i was in a dually at the time and the trailer varied from a 2 horse up to a 8 horse but from that experience and knowing the milage drop is a bit worse with a jeep and towing anything i doubt i would be doin much past 55-60when pullin a trailer with the jeep

Jeep Bro 08

Dunno i used to drive alot of miles with a horse trailer behind me and bout the most i would do was 60 , loaded or not ... granted i was in a dually at the time and the trailer varied from a 2 horse up to a 8 horse but from that experience and knowing the milage drop is a bit worse with a jeep and towing anything i doubt i would be doin much past 55-60when pullin a trailer with the jeep

So re gearing only restore power for bigger tires? Im just tryn get a better understanding

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So re gearing only restore power for bigger tires? Im just tryn get a better understanding

At 3.73 ratio, your tires rotate once for every 3.73 times the driveshaft turns. At 4.88, the driveshaft turns 4.88 times for every one rotation of the tires.

People regear with larger tires, because the larger tires change that ratio, making the vehicle feel weak and sluggish. If you've ever ridden a bicycle with gears, think of how changing the rear gears from larger to smaller affects pedaling.

Look at the chart to see how engine rpm is changed at 70 mph, with different gears. Typically a lower ratio is more fuel efficient, and a higher ratio puts more power on the ground. It will do nothing to change horsepower, but regearing will help with towing.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Jeep-JK-Wrangler?p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019

Last edited:

Jeep Bro 08

At 3.73 ratio, your tires rotate once for every 3.73 times the driveshaft turns. At 4.88, the driveshaft turns 4.88 times for every one rotation of the tires.

People regear with larger tires, because the larger tires change that ratio, making the vehicle feel weak and sluggish. If you've ever ridden a bicycle with gears, think of how changing the rear gears from larger to smaller affects pedaling.

Look at the chart to see how engine rpm is changed at 70 mph, with different gears. Typically a lower ratio is more fuel efficient, and a higher ratio puts more power on the ground. It will do nothing to change horsepower, but regearing will help with towing.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Jeep-JK-Wrangler?p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019
Ok cool i see now ,Thanks

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I don't have one. But some day will have one of these.

View attachment 273249

Thats not a bad lookin setup
View attachment 273241

Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS

Looks like its squattin a bit more than with the rpod .. hope the milage dosent suffer to much with the added weight clay ..
View attachment 273240

Picked up the new camper/crawler hauler. Making a few changes from the previous owner before we head out to Hot Springs in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Not to bad .. seen a few of these kinda like the fold out sleeper on em ..

Top Bottom