What air pressure do you go to?

Like most of you I run 15-18 for bombing through the desert just to soften the ride a bit. Rock crawling I had been keeping it around 12-15 but with the new ATX chambers I will probably go down to 8ish. Still have to experiment a little.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Can't speak to my new wheels and tires on the Jeep as I haven't been out with them yet or even driven down the street but they are beadlocks with 37's. On my Ram however I'm running a 20in KMC original Rockstar and a 40 x15.50r20 Nitto Mud Grappler. I have aired down to as little as 10 psi but normally go about 12 without any issues ever. I plan on running the beadlocks down to 10 or 8 if necessary without any hesitation.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I do 15 for light trails, usually 13 in the rocks. If I’m really looking for traction though my 37x13.5 STT Pro’s seem to become a whole new monster around 11 and grab everything. They are E range so not quite as soft as others. and I’ll admit there have been a few times at 13-15 that I haven’t been terribly impressed. In fact there were a few times in Moab that I had a Rubicon with 37x12.50 toyo RT’s that was getting more traction than me. Then i dropped to 11 and changed the game lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
I do 15 for light trails, usually 13 in the rocks. If I’m really looking for traction though my 37x13.5 STT Pro’s seem to become a whole new monster around 11 and grab everything. They are E range so not quite as soft as others. and I’ll admit there have been a few times at 13-15 that I haven’t been terribly impressed. In fact there were a few times in Moab that I had a Rubicon with 37x12.50 toyo RT’s that was getting more traction than me. Then i dropped to 11 and changed the game lol

Tire age also plays a role... newer will be stickier than old.

BdugJK

Can’t go there yet with my 3.21’s. will change when warranty is up next year.

Oh come on now run it!! Haha I have the 3.21s as well and even with 33s it was a dog. Had to buy a calibrator so I could drive up and down the hilly roads around here. To stay with the thread I haven't been below 18. Worries me when it's just the family and I on the trail.

JKU Arizona

Me before beadlocks :
Dirt roads = 15 psi +/-
Rocks = 10 psi in the rear 11-12 psi in the front

Now on Beadlocks:
Dirt roads = 15 psi +/-

10 psi all around on moderate rock trails

6-8 psi all around on more technical rock trials..

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom