Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
Forgot to buy a flag for the Sand Dunes.... This Shop Rag should work for now...

Will mounting a flag on the Firestik Screw up my CB reception??

IMG_6232.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build & Travels of ORION

Had a great weekend with friends at the Glamis Sand Dunes.... This was my first trip in the Dunes with the JK and I was extremely impressed... Airing down to 12lbs, pulling the J6 fuse (disabling the traction controls & ABS) and running in 4 hi, the Jeep went almost Everywhere with relative ease... Extreme long steep climbs were an issue and going fast through the whoops was not an option, but that didn’t stop me from having a total blast and taking on some big stuff.

IMG_6239.jpg

In our group there were 4 XJ’s, 1 WJ, 1 YJ and the JK.... My XJ buddies drive their Jeeps like Ultra 4 Buggys so it’s sometimes hard to keep up... but very entertaining to watch.

IMG_6255.jpg

We stopped at “The Swing” to hang out for a bit...

IMG_6272.jpg

... and at “The Flagpole”.... There were actually 2 flags and both had memorial plaques and signs for fallen friends attached at the base.

IMG_6276.jpg
IMG_6278.jpg
IMG_6300.jpg

At one point we were sitting on one of the highest Dunes that we could see... it literally felt like we were on top of the world.

IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6294.jpg

At times we felt like we were in our own private Jeep Commercial....

IMG_6298.jpg

Can’t go to Glamis without lining up at the Sand Drags and watching everyone show off their rigs.... caught this Jeep dragster Rippin through the Sand.

IMG_6241.jpg
IMG_6307.jpg

There is nothing quite like Glamis.... Another great trip in the books.

IMG_6264.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked

Took a last minute, trip to Gorman with my boys.... Nothing crazy, just some needed dirt therapy and quality time with the kids....

IMG_6730.jpg
IMG_6732.jpg
IMG_6744.jpg

Got to use my homemade alcohol burner for lunch. (I think it’s time for a Jet Boil)

IMG_6746.jpg
IMG_6752.jpg

We had a little trail damage...

IMG_6748.jpg

Playing on the obstacle course....

IMG_6762.jpg
IMG_6758.jpg
IMG_6761.jpg

Great Day of easy trails and escaping the city for a few hours.....

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked

Forgot to post up my EVO No Limits install last week..... worked great on the trails today and was awesome to “Set it & Forget it”.... except I forgot to “re-set” it.... and had to pull over on the highway coming home... I have to be careful with that in the future.

IMG_6681.jpg
IMG_6686.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
Took a last minute, trip to Gorman with my boys.... Nothing crazy, just some needed dirt therapy and quality time with the kids....

View attachment 294459
View attachment 294460
View attachment 294461

Got to use my homemade alcohol burner for lunch. (I think it’s time for a Jet Boil)

View attachment 294462
View attachment 294463

View attachment 294472

View attachment 294464
View attachment 294465
View attachment 294466

Looks like a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Awesome! Haven't been out there in years. Always a good day when you're out on dirt with your family :thumb:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hawaii 2008

In 2008 on our Honeymoon, is when my Jeep addiction really started. Maui is one the most amazing places I have ever been. We put over 800 miles on a 2 door Wrangler X and it was the best trip of my life thus far..... Here are a few pics I just came across:

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03911.jpg

DSC04019.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04207.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

We can't wait to go back and explore the whole island again. :beer:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Big thanks to Mybadjk for the Slabs. A little spit & elbow grease and they should look like new... (newish) [emoji1360]

IMG_7771.jpg

Top Bottom