Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats on the new rig Jerry! The newer fords are nice trucks. I really like my stepdads f150 lariat he has with the ecoboost motor

Ddays

Hooked
Congrats on the new rig Jerry! The newer fords are nice trucks. I really like my stepdads f150 lariat he has with the ecoboost motor

Thanks Steve! We were considering the F150's but the trailers we're looking at are all goosenecks, so that pretty much decided that we need the F250. I'm torn on whether I want to drive the Jeep to Rausch or tow it now. My neighbor has a gooseneck car hauler that I might borrow just to try it once. I love driving the damn thing everywhere but man the miles are really starting to pile up. I just turned over 50k this weekend. Not a ton but still..

jeffj

Caught the Bug
IMG_3794.jpg IMG_3795.jpg

I picked this up a couple weeks ago, I forgot about this thread until I saw Jerry’s truck today. I’ve always kept a diesel and trade every couple years for the tax write off. This new motor is really a game changer with 900 lbs of torque you really have to watch when the roads are wet. I can’t wait to pull something with this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Thanks Steve! We were considering the F150's but the trailers we're looking at are all goosenecks, so that pretty much decided that we need the F250. I'm torn on whether I want to drive the Jeep to Rausch or tow it now. My neighbor has a gooseneck car hauler that I might borrow just to try it once. I love driving the damn thing everywhere but man the miles are really starting to pile up. I just turned over 50k this weekend. Not a ton but still..

Really nice truck Jerry!

Trailering Gruff would probably give substantial peace of mind. Would never have to worry about being stuck at Rausch or having to limp the 3+ hours home.

JKbrick

View attachment 284163 View attachment 284164

I picked this up a couple weeks ago, I forgot about this thread until I saw Jerry’s truck today. I’ve always kept a diesel and trade every couple years for the tax write off. This new motor is really a game changer with 900 lbs of torque you really have to watch when the roads are wet. I can’t wait to pull something with this thing.

Love the look of the GMC, the only thing I don’t care for is the location to add def and the big tank hanging off the frame. Still awesome tho

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Just picked this up over the weekend. Wife and I have been looking at travel trailers for a while but plans changed after she went horseback riding with her sis a couple times. We ended up with another horse :)doh:)
and we are now looking at 3 horse trailers with living space. So, the Jeep sure as shit ain't hauling that combo anywhere. Found this used 2017 F250 Lariat on my buddy's lot with under 4000 miles on it Black Friday. We got the gas version and this one is pretty well loaded. Our combo really won't warrant the diesel and the added cost associated with it. Plus this will end up being a daily driver when the ol Durango finally dies. So, yaay, something else to customize but damn, I thought Jeep parts were expensive! :shock:

View attachment 284135

View attachment 284136

Just followed one of those the same color today and I liked how the tail lights blend in with the color of the truck and the reverse lights blend in with the stainless on the tail gate. Love the led headlights too

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Love the look of the GMC, the only thing I don’t care for is the location to add def and the big tank hanging off the frame. Still awesome tho

I totally agree....the running boards kinda hide it, but it would be the first thing that hit. I think it’s ridiculous you still have to put def fluid in under the hood too.

JKbrick

Did anyone else get a recall notice for a Ram Cummins? Water pump may fail and cause an under hood fire, oh and there is no fix yet!!
IMG_1470.JPG
I better throw in a fire extinguisher

Last edited by a moderator:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Picked up a new 20’ PJ trailer today. I opted for the extra wide trailer. It’ll fit Jeeps with full widths.

My Jk with stock axles and wheel spacers fit between the fenders. They are drive over anyways.

Attachments

• 5DC6EC61-25DB-418C-A734-93A382ED8F55.jpg
    5DC6EC61-25DB-418C-A734-93A382ED8F55.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 1FFC7FC0-46A1-444D-A605-570B1ACCAE3C.jpg
    1FFC7FC0-46A1-444D-A605-570B1ACCAE3C.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 168

RockyJk

Did anyone else get a recall notice for a Ram Cummins? Water pump may fail and cause an under hood fire, oh and there is no fix yet!!
View attachment 284362
I better throw in a fire extinguisher

They lock up and cause the belt to catch fire? Wonder what’s different from these pumps and the ones used on Medium duty/off-road applications of the ISB cause I’ve never heard of that happening on those [emoji848]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Picked up a new 20’ PJ trailer today. I opted for the extra wide trailer. It’ll fit Jeeps with full widths.

My Jk with stock axles and wheel spacers fit between the fenders. They are drive over anyways.

No way, congrats to you! You've definitely been needing this for a while now :thumb:

jeffj

Caught the Bug

Thanks a lot for posting.....I was in the market and after seeing yours I just ordered a B6 buggy hauler. Looks like it’s exactly what I wanted.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thanks a lot for posting.....I was in the market and after seeing yours I just ordered a B6 buggy hauler. Looks like it’s exactly what I wanted.

What size did you go with ? The 24’ version is not much more. I’m just on a space crunch where it’s stored.

You’ll be happy with the quality. It pulls so nice I forgot it was behind me.

Top Bottom