JCR vs Crawler Conceptz Body Mounted Tire Carrier

COLOJK

I have a real dilemma with these two carriers because I want the JCR to match the rest of my armor but it's $100 more than the CC and there are no reviews. What to do, what to do.

dillard09

I was trying look at them at determine which one would holds the spare up higher. Be nice to have it higher up when running no rear bumper. They both look about the same.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Has anyone heard anything new about the EVO hinge mount tire carrier?

I actually just emailed Evo about that yesterday and they said that there is no set release date right now and that they are still working on it.

My guess is that it's on EVOlander and they wait until after this year's Alaska event to post anything more about it.

dillard09

My guess is that it's on EVOlander and they wait until after this year's Alaska event to post anything more about it.

My Ole Betsy is up there now. Maybe I should be the guinea pig. I would be happy to be as well. Just saying!

MattMc

I actually just emailed Evo about that yesterday and they said that there is no set release date right now and that they are still working on it.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tire carrier of this type. I wish they'd give a timeline so I know if I should wait, or go with the Crawler Conceptz one. But, that's part of marketing, I guess.

dillard09

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tire carrier of this type. I wish they'd give a timeline so I know if I should wait, or go with the Crawler Conceptz one. But, that's part of marketing, I guess.

Yes sir. Gotta test it before release. Specially something that can cause harm or even death. I almost wish they wouldn't have showed it now. Cause I'm in the same boat as you! Wait or go CC. Need to sell my current expedition one bumper/tire carrier first.

Diablo

I don't think this is the same type tire carrier as the one your wanting but I can attest to how well built their bumpers and tire carriers are from JCR, this one mounts on a single spindle coming off the bumper, it holds a 37" tire-2 Rotopax (fuel and water), Hi-Lift jack and CB Antenna.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464831955.812395.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464831980.751188.jpg

FishsJK

I'd say if the rest of your rig has JCR go with the JCR carrier. I just bought their new bumper to match my crusader rear and shield.. Almost went with CC but then they came out with a front frame chop with fog provisions.

JohnnyWest

Have the body mounted CC on the silver Jeep. Like it so much I'm getting one for the white Jeep and throwing away the Teraflex piece of shit that I added prior to doing any homework on it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464845970.828382.jpg

Top Bottom