2020 Jeep JL Updates Confirmed

cpefy3

I have no clue why Jeep won’t just offer a manual transmission option with the diesel. I just want the mileage and longevity of a diesel with the fun of a manual. Just my thoughts.

Exodus 4x4

I have no clue why Jeep won’t just offer a manual transmission option with the diesel. I just want the mileage and longevity of a diesel with the fun of a manual. Just my thoughts.

Probably because the manual transmission they have is garbage and likely wouldn’t hold up behind the diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cpefy3

I totally understand that the new diesel will have considerably more torque than the RA 428 that could use the NSG370. But if they have a manual transmission (Tremec TR-6060) that can handle the HP/torque of a Hellcat, than I’m sure it would hold up to the figures of a diesel Gladiator. Just dreaming i guess.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Probably because the manual transmission they have is garbage and likely wouldn’t hold up behind the diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll second that:
the Euro JK (U) RA428 was first offered with 177 ponies (manual or auto) (very conservative numbers) then FCA introduced the 200 HP (manual or auto) version(with a Particulate Filter) but limited it. It can be easily boosted to 230/250 HP with a chip but the manual transmission is a fuse waiting to blow.

Last edited:

cpefy3

I am just saying they (FCA) have manual transmissions they use in other applications that could stand up to the torque/hp figures the new diesel will generate. Also, why don't they finally just offer a HEMI as a factory offered option for the JL/JT? Give the people what they want!! HaHa!!

Top Bottom