Evo Leveling Kit vs Teraflex Budget Boost

aldaman

Very true, but it depends on the timeline of getting the Enforcer. If the Enforcer is a year or so out, sure, the pucks make more sense. But, if the end goal is 2+ years out, I could see the benefit of going to the EVO leveling kit. If it was me, I'd just leave it stock until I could do the Enforcer, but each their own.

.....If the end goal is the enforcer lift then I would add the front pucks just get rid of the factory rake and have that nice leveled look. Doesn't cost as much and real easy to install with no other mods needed....:twocents: :beer:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Very true, but it depends on the timeline of getting the Enforcer. If the Enforcer is a year or so out, sure, the pucks make more sense. But, if the end goal is 2+ years out, I could see the benefit of going to the EVO leveling kit. If it was me, I'd just leave it stock until I could do the Enforcer, but each their own.

Thardy's right. If you want a level ride, I'd just get some pucks. Then save up and go straight to the enforcer lift.

If you don't want to upgrade shocks or get shock extensions, the jeeps droop will be limited by the shocks. I was actually surprised by how little down travel I had with the Evo level kit and stock shocks.

trailless

Caught the Bug
It will be a while before I do the enforcer. It will be at least 2-3 years when I get it installed.

Ok, while the evo level kit is great. The only downfall is the limited droop it provides. If the included shock extensions or shock relocation brackets, think something along the lines of the EVO rock stars for the rear and lower shock relocation brackets for the front, I think it would be the perfect option.

Personally, I'm happy with the EVO level kit and it's been almost 2 years since I've had it installed with no other modifications done to the suspension.

BTW I have a JKUR with EVO protek skids, LOD sliders, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger. It sits nice and level and is an awesome daily driver.

Mr. Rubi1

I just put the evo leveler kit on my 15 Rubicon and absolutely love the look but especially how much better it rides.. Much smoother and takes the bumps a hell of a lot better,no regrets and only took and 1 hr 15 minutes from start to finish. Sorry had to throw that in there because a buddy of mine wanted start pictures and finish pictures

USMC Wrangler

Thanks for the mention MR.Ty!

I DD my Jeep and love the ride with the EVO kit. Realistically with one income and 6 mouths to feed I can't justify spending much more than I did. If I simply wanted a level ride and had plans for a complete lift, I wouldn't waste my time or money with anything but 3/4" front coil spacers. Just my dos centavos.

Eezybreezy08

Go with the Evo level, or rancho level. Both of them are great. Forget terrorflex. I have 35s on mine and my wife. When you go 37s it's gonna cost a lot more than just a 3" enforcer. So keep it simple right now and have fun with what you have. Unless if you have an unlimited bank account ha

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Here's an example of a Rubicon with the EVO leveling kit with stock tires/wheels. It makes it look much better than completely bone stock while I'm saving up for a 4" enforcer & 37s.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454592293.597076.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454592309.344526.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454592324.342801.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Your articulation is limited by your shocks. Whether you get the EVO leveling kit or the 3/4 spacer you'll have the same amount of travel because you have the same stock shocks.

Personally, I don't think the EVO lift looks bad with stock tires. I would get wheel spacers because I think it gives the Jeep a nice full look.

Agreed. Leveling kit looks fine with the stock tires.

I agree that the jeep looks fine with stock rims and tires and the leveling kit, but I would also have to add wheel spacers as mentioned. I cant stand how far under the flares the stock rims and tires set. Wheel spacers just make it look a lot better in my opinion.

I still, don't get why you'd bother doing the EVO leveling kit instead of the Teraflex pucks if going to the EVO Enforcer long term. You're just looking to fix the rake yeah?

.....If the end goal is the enforcer lift then I would add the front pucks just get rid of the factory rake and have that nice leveled look. Doesn't cost as much and real easy to install with no other mods needed....:twocents: :beer:

I would do the EVO kit over the terraflex one if I were adding a front bumper and winch. It can be done with the pucks and Im sure be fine. It just seems like the springs in the EVO kit would hold up better. Specially if it is going to be a couple of years or so.

CarolinaJK

Just for comparison, the top is the EVO level with 2" spacers, cut fenders and stock wheels/tires. The bottom is the same with 35's.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454595986.316084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454595986.316084.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 347

relicdigger

Just for comparison, the top is the EVO level with 2" spacers, cut fenders and stock wheels/tires. The bottom is the same with 35's.

Your jeep is looking great. How much did you gain on the 2 door with the leveling kit and what size puck spacers did you use in the back. The quarter pounder looks outstanding and is next on my list of things to get done. Thanks for the reference pictures.

CarolinaJK

Your jeep is looking great. How much did you gain on the 2 door with the leveling kit and what size puck spacers did you use in the back. The quarter pounder looks outstanding and is next on my list of things to get done. Thanks for the reference pictures.

Thank you! I actually never took any before measurements so I wouldn't know to be completely honest. [emoji30]

GraniteCrystal

More info: I called up Evo and they said with a 35" tire you'll need to purchase bump stop extensions as well or you'll have rubbing. Made it sound like you could get a 35" tire on but it wasn't made just for that purpose.

The Teraflex BB seems to be more made for this purpose and a more complete kit so I think I'll stick with that. If you're staying with stock 32s the EVO might be a great fit though just to get rid of rake.

thardy

Banned
More info: I called up Evo and they said with a 35" tire you'll need to purchase bump stop extensions as well or you'll have rubbing. Made it sound like you could get a 35" tire on but it wasn't made just for that purpose.

The Teraflex BB seems to be more made for this purpose and a more complete kit so I think I'll stick with that. If you're staying with stock 32s the EVO might be a great fit though just to get rid of rake.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd still take the plush ride coils over anything else. But that's just me.

RockyJk

Ibehewhoisjoshua ran the rubicon on a Evo level kit with 35's I didn't think the rubbing was too bad

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

I understand what you're saying, but I'd still take the plush ride coils over anything else. But that's just me.

Ibehewhoisjoshua ran the rubicon on a Evo level kit with 35's I didn't think the rubbing was too bad

Trail Jeeps have run the EVO kit too. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=24796

I imagine if anyone having questions could get them answered by calling. Just a thought.

I run the evo level with with 35 trail graps and cut flares. Youll need to cut your flares or run flatties or risk ripping a fender off flexing.

You'll need...
The level kit
Wheel spacers or new rims with proper backspacing
1"-2" bumpstops
Break line brackets or undo the metal bracket and leave it loose on the lower spring perch
OPTIONAL: to maximize your downtravel, new shocks or shock extensions

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
'tis a good thread

This has been a good thread. I actually did a site search for "leveling teraflex evo" and got exactly what I was after ;).

As with the OP, we started with a new '15 JKUR in November. Figured we'd just use it awhile, learn, and go from there. Also, living in Michigan and tooling the eastern U.S., with aspirations of moving to Denver, I realize the intended application could vary significantly. At a minimum, I've come to appreciate cosmetic benefits of leveling things out.

After the first few outings, even doing nothing 'I' consider aggressive, I've found it easy to polish the underside. Before our first Jamboree this May, I'm planning on an EVO Protek set plus a minor lift using a leveling kit. Both are easy to do with my 15 y.o. son as I work at engaging him in the mechanical side of things (too many kids have zero clue these days).

Having read the entire thread thus far, the jury's still out for me. Leaning toward the EVO approach (I'd rather lift with springs than with spacers), I simply need to see how it compares with the Teraflex kit's included bits. Regardless, leveling and armor are coming to a '15 JKUR near me, soon<g>.

mds22

This has been a good thread. I actually did a site search for "leveling teraflex evo" and got exactly what I was after ;).

As with the OP, we started with a new '15 JKUR in November. Figured we'd just use it awhile, learn, and go from there. Also, living in Michigan and tooling the eastern U.S., with aspirations of moving to Denver, I realize the intended application could vary significantly. At a minimum, I've come to appreciate cosmetic benefits of leveling things out.

After the first few outings, even doing nothing 'I' consider aggressive, I've found it easy to polish the underside. Before our first Jamboree this May, I'm planning on an EVO Protek set plus a minor lift using a leveling kit. Both are easy to do with my 15 y.o. son as I work at engaging him in the mechanical side of things (too many kids have zero clue these days).

Having read the entire thread thus far, the jury's still out for me. Leaning toward the EVO approach (I'd rather lift with springs than with spacers), I simply need to see how it compares with the Teraflex kit's included bits. Regardless, leveling and armor are coming to a '15 JKUR near me, soon.

When I first bought my '15 rubi I installed a spacer leveling kit. Loved the factory quality ride. After adding bumpers/winch the front sagged a lot, even lower than factory ride height. Swapped it out for EVO leveling kit. Rides better than stock IMO. After it. Settled plus adding protec skids and other armor it has sagged about .5". I def recommend doing the EVO from the start. Save the time and cash from having to re buy.

Disclaimer: I did add EVO front sway bar links. (Could just use some stock rears for cheap) Also I have 35" tires, flat flares, factory bumps and zero rubbing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom