Dynatrac Equipped Community

WJCO

Meme King
Interesting that no one had anything good good to say about Dana axles 2 years ago....

That's because the old version had many breaks and bends. The specs on the new JL Generation axles are better/stronger. Time will tell if they hold up. It does seem that since the JL has been out, there haven't been hardly any breaks reported.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Absolutely true. So why change your strategy and chase the method that doesn't sell axles? :idontknow:

Have you taken notice of all of the shops and people that are installing different axles? ORE, Exodus, and many other prominent names. Stay tuned for even more.

Yeah I agree with you 100% there. Social Media marketing is ruining so many things. Not a fan at all.

I’m with you on the different brands I see being installed. I just happen to see more Dynatrac axles actually get used and abused than any other out there in my price range. It’s the same reason I run all EVO on my rig. That stuff takes a beating and keeps on ticking. It’s the real world experience and word of mouth that has the biggest “marketing” influence on me. I gotta see it with my own eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It’s the real world experience and word of mouth that has the biggest “marketing” influence on me. I gotta see it with my own eyes.

Exactly. Anyone putting down the coin for an axle is going to do THAT kind of research.

Whereas social media influencing is a contrast for other products like snuggie blankets and ab vibrators. It's the 'as seen on tv' type of buyer.

Two different types of audiences.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
LOL - of course Dana is made in America. They're a tier 1 company that manufactures axles for a LOT of American made vehicles including our Jeeps. Hell, Dynatrac is even a distributor of Dana.

When it comes to custom axles, there really are few companies that do a better job of making them. I think we've shown this clearly in our Building of a ProRock videos and it is the reason why we've been running Dyantrac axles on multiple Jeeps for over a decade now. Of course, the owner of Dyantrac is a personal friend of mine and so you can take what I have to say for what it's worth.

With that said, I have had the recent pleasure of meeting the folks at Dana and found that they are good people who just want to provide their customers with a good product and at a reasonable price. Being that I have no personal experience running their axles, it'd be hard for me to say one way or another as to how good or bad they really are. What I can tell you is that when it comes to crate axles, it would appear they do have an advantage.

Just trying to keep it real.

And this is why I love this forum. No hidden agendas and nobody pulls their punches. Everyone pretty much keeping it real even if pisses someone off. ‘Cause in the end, after all the shit talking, we’ll all still go wheeling and have a beer together. Cheers!!

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Exactly. Anyone putting down the coin for an axle is going to do THAT kind of research.

Whereas social media influencing is a contrast for other products like snuggie blankets and ab vibrators. It's the 'as seen on tv' type of buyer.

LMAO!! Snuggies.

Let’s be honest. They already HAD the informed market. Word of mouth, forums, Eddies videos, etc. already had all of that locked down. What they didn’t have is the guys that pay someone else to build their toy. Why not try to break into a new market? Angry eyes jeeps need axles too ya know. It’s not just selling to the guys that NEED the proven performance and strength, make the same money off a set whether they go to a mall or to Moab. I do agree that If as a company you’re bragging about made in America that should probably be stuck to in all departments, but I’m sure there’s more to the story and business partnerships behind the scenes. Either way one of their axles costs more than my whole Jeep so none of this effects me 🤣 and I’m not about to pretend that I haven’t been ‘influenced’ by this particular social media platform, it has more knowledge and products that are run by choice by members here and in eddies videos not ran just because someone handed them to them and said make a video, but influencer nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Let’s be honest. They already HAD the informed market. Word of mouth, forums, Eddies videos, etc. already had all of that locked down. What they didn’t have is the guys that pay someone else to build their toy. Why not try to break into a new market? Angry eyes jeeps need axles too ya know. It’s not just selling to the guys that NEED the proven performance and strength, make the same money off a set whether they go to a mall or to Moab. I do agree that If as a company you’re bragging about made in America that should probably be stuck to in all departments, but I’m sure there’s more to the story and business partnerships behind the scenes. Either way one of their axles costs more than my whole Jeep so none of this effects me 🤣 and I’m not about to pretend that I haven’t been ‘influenced’ by this particular social media platform, it has more knowledge and products that are run by choice by members here and in eddies videos not ran just because someone handed them to them and said make a video, but influencer nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I get what you're saying, but why not pick someone who actually knows what the fuck they're doing vs someone who's trying to get a vendor's dick hard :idontknow: Any industry can sell sex, not tough to do. I was just surprised Dynatrac would resort to that, that's all.

Benito

Caught the Bug
They have similar axles for similar prices actually. The Hard Rock D60s are 13K.

The Dynatrac Hard Core axle package is $12990

The Ultimate Dana 60 are $13000

But for those extra 10 dollars the front axle is significantly upgraded. Larger ring gear, bigger tubes, larger u joints, larger hub/unit bearing. You basically get an XD60 with steel knuckles for $10 more than a basic PR60. The rear axles are basically the same but think hubs are bigger on the UD60

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Dynatrac Hard Core axle package is $12990

The Ultimate Dana 60 are $13000

But for those extra 10 dollars the front axle is significantly upgraded. Larger ring gear, bigger tubes, larger u joints, larger hub/unit bearing. You basically get an XD60 with steel knuckles for $10 more than a basic PR60. The rear axles are basically the same but think hubs are bigger on the UD60

This ^^^^ is accurate and definitely worth the mention. As I said before, when it comes to "custom" axles, I personally would put Dynatrac at the top of the list. There really are few companies who do a better job. However, when it comes to crate axles as in, what you can get in a "package", Dynatrac has legitimate competition. As an example, MyBadJK here on the forum found this out the hard way as he's been dealing with breaks and issues that would not happened had he upgraded to competition shafts with CTM u-joints or an EVO High Steer System. This of course is not something you can do when buying a package.

Again, just trying to keep it real.

fiend

Caught the Bug
They have similar axles for similar prices actually. The Hard Rock D60s are 13K.

I probably should have been more clear. The $15-20k range I proffered included new drive shafts, wheels (8 lug), and tires (40s), all of which (and probably more) would be required to move from 44s/37s to 60s/40s. They’d be required no matter which axle set you went with. There could also be sales tax, shipping, and labor costs on top of all that. Not to mention custom PSC mounts/skids, high steer, etc. So yeah, you maybe could get a crate axle set for $13k, but the $ bleeding won’t stop there. Which is why I was incredulous that someone would make the purchase choosing axles seemingly driven by instant gratification. But Bubba says it’s true, and I believe him since he’s in the business and I’m not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom