My life with a Brick

JKbrick

if it were me, i'd pull the battery out and look for any wires that may have gotten broken, loose or corroded downline from the battery.

are you sure all the thinner wires got connected back to the battery? I'll need to get a pic of my 2010 but is I recall there are a couple of red and black smaller guage wires that are OEM

did you check the multiswitches on the steering? (cruise control and turn signal switches)

When I switched the battery I didn’t unhook any wires, just the two post connector things, the only thing I wired differently is I moved the winch from those connectors to the side terminals on the battery. I never tried the cruise but I don’t have turn signals. At this point I wonder if the recalled clock spring is a bad one

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Sounds like a short somewhere. Any corrosion in the harness when you replaced the tipm? Any recent high water offroading? Honestly I would pull one fuse at a time to try an isolate which circuit the issue is occurring within.

This sounds like a solid plan, I'd start here..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does this imply if I pull the correct fuse the symptoms will go away? The wipers would stop when I pulled the wiper fuse but that didn’t tell me anything I don’t think

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Does this imply if I pull the correct fuse the symptoms will go away? The wipers would stop when I pulled the wiper fuse but that didn’t tell me anything I don’t think

Whatever the fuse is protecting will stop working. The other symptoms that aren't related to that fuse(whichever fuse you pull) will hopefully stop happening at the same time.

JKbrick

Whatever the fuse is protecting will stop working. The other symptoms that aren't related to that fuse(whichever fuse you pull) will hopefully stop happening at the same time.

I know I’m retarded electrically but if my dash is dead and turn signals don’t work will that all start working possibly if I pull the correct fuse? Maybe my clue is the headlights stuck on?

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I know I’m retarded electrically but if my dash is dead and turn signals don’t work will that all start working possibly if I pull the correct fuse? Maybe my clue is the headlights stuck on?

If an electrical short is causing the issues and you eliminate the short by pulling a fuse then yes the other symptoms may disappear. It's not a full proof way to diagnose the issue but it's easy enough to do and could save a bunch of time.

JKbrick

I may be wrong, but I think all that shit is driven by the CANBUS so if there is a wire or component that is grounded or loose, it would cause gremlins like you're experiencing. Not sure if pulling fuses would help track it, but it might.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Is the can bus at all related to the clock spring they replaced on the recall?

jeeeep

Hooked

headlights won't turn off? the headlight switch is a multi-switch and all run thru the clock spring. very possible the clock spring is bad again or the headlight multi-switch is bad

wondering if the dash is grounded properly, take some wire, find a good spot on the dash to ground to and run it direct to the battery negative.

I didn't read back far enough but are there any codes?

JKbrick

headlights won't turn off? the headlight switch is a multi-switch and all run thru the clock spring. very possible the clock spring is bad again or the headlight multi-switch is bad

wondering if the dash is grounded properly, take some wire, find a good spot on the dash to ground to and run it direct to the battery negative.

I didn't read back far enough but are there any codes?

Correct headlights on as soon as you turn the key, no dome light, dash is dead. There are no codes when it works but now it has quit working all the time. Before I could unhook the battery and it would work for 4 starts then quit working.

JKbrick

Gave my daughter the hard top for Franklin for the winter, adjusted my tailgate up, and got the spare put back on. Going to put the sway bar back on after dinner
59503213080__C88D4733-72D8-4A66-8C0C-E7F7FD833CA3.jpg

Top Bottom