Replacing Passanger HUB every 6 months

jeeeep

Hooked
The problem is that you're running wheels with too little back spacing. Factory is 6.25" and anything less than this will put a LOT more strain on your bearings and ball joints. Being that you're running ProSteers, they should be able to handle the stress better but if you're running wheels with 4" or even 3.5" of back spacing like most guys like to run, replacing your unit bearings is something you'll have to get used to. This is a BIG part of why we wanted to go wide on Rubicat. By running 72.5" Dynatrac axles, we were able to run wheels with 5.5" of back spacing and in addition to protecting our ball joints and keeping our bearings lasting a long time, steering was greatly improved and we also got a much better turning radius out of it too. :yup:

That makes sense, the KMC are 3.5" , ATX Chamber Pro were 4" but I ran a spacer to improve steering and also replaced hubs more often.

Wonder what it is about the passenger side that wears out faster :thinking:

jeeeep

Hooked
Correct.....

This is why I'm buying 3yr warrantied hubs from a local national auto parts store.

so far they've been great about warranty coverage but there's a part of me that's going to have to take responsibility for running parts that put too much strain and causing the hubs to fail :doh:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have gone thru many sets of bearing from timkin and other brands since going to my beadlocks. As Eddie said the extra stress plus PA roads being shit to begin with really wears them out quick. I get prob 8-10k out of them

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’d better check mine. I’m over 17k on this set with 37s not showing any signs of wear. I was going to be in the Ddays plan and do a yearly swap, but maybe I need to do it sooner

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is why I'm buying 3yr warrantied hubs from a local national auto parts store.

so far they've been great about warranty coverage but there's a part of me that's going to have to take responsibility for running parts that put too much strain and causing the hubs to fail :doh:

What hubs are you running now and from what store? Timkin isn’t going to warranty my most recent hub purchase cause I got them off of amazon.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Well I replaced both of mine with Dorman, not top of the line but they carry lifetime warranty. My local auto store knows what I do with my Jeep and said no problem, they will replace them if they fail.

Ddays

Hooked
What hubs are you running now and from what store? Timkin isn’t going to warranty my most recent hub purchase cause I got them off of amazon.

This shit pisses me off ^^. I ran into the same issue with Odyssey - my battery shit the bed after 2 years (It was a dead cell - good diagnosis ;)) and trying to get it replaced under warranty is more bother than it's worth. One more reason to buy local or from a retailer directly.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This shit pisses me off ^^. I ran into the same issue with Odyssey - my battery shit the bed after 2 years (It was a dead cell - good diagnosis ;)) and trying to get it replaced under warranty is more bother than it's worth. One more reason to buy local or from a retailer directly.

Yea I’m gonna have to check with Napa or one of the other smaller parts warehouses near me

JKbrick

Does anyone know which brand has the longest abs sensor wires? The ones 19yj94 got had shorter wires than stock and we tried to pull the old ones out and they broke

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom