2016 SEMA BREAKING NEWS: NEW Dynatrac Axle Packages

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Oh, I see, you're saying the entire kit I run (EVO Double D Pro Long Arm Kit) couldn't handle 40's.
I thought you just assumed I had the enforcer bolt on.
Why do you say it can't handle 40's?
JW, first time I've heard this.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Let me clarify, I am not convinced that the EVO bolt-on coilovers are the best match for 40's. The long arms are fine, and I would recommend them for 40's. In my opinion your suspension won't be enough and especially at speed. The DTD would be a much better match

BlackDiamond_JKU

Let me clarify, I am not convinced that the EVO bolt-on coilovers are the best match for 40's. The long arms are fine, and I would recommend them for 40's. In my opinion your suspension won't be enough and especially at speed. The DTD would be a much better match

[emoji848] okay, I sorta understand...
Is there any real reason for this?
Why 2.5 coilovers aren't enough for 40's?
I'd personally think they are since Mel runs the bolt on kit on Spicy Chicken with a PR80 in the rear, and 40" Nitto TG

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd personally think they are since Mel runs the bolt on kit on Spicy Chicken with a PR80 in the rear, and 40" Nitto TG

:cheesy: Now that's funny. Just because Mel "runs the bolt on kit" on his new Jeep doesn't mean it's what he'd "prefer to run".

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

----------------
2016 JKUR

You have 2.5" bolt on coil-overs from EVO? If so, where can I get some?

Spicy Chicken is a great looking jeep, but I can't imagine those bolt ons being under there long. Mel also ran 5.38's on Evolander..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Spicy Chicken is a great looking jeep, but I can't imagine those bolt ons being under there long. Mel also ran 5.38's on Evolander..

Yup. All I can say is that we ran the bolt on coil over kit on Rubicat right after it came out. Unfortunately, Moby was running DTD's and it was hard not to constantly compare the two. Needless to say, we are now running a DTD kit on Rubicat as well. Sure, there's a lot you can do with bolt on coil overs or really, any suspension kit for that matter but you'd be kidding yourself if you think the ride quality would be the same especially at high speeds in the desert.

:cheesy: Now that's funny. Just because Mel "runs the bolt on kit" on his new Jeep doesn't mean it's what he'd "prefer to run".

I just participated in a thread just like this not too long ago, because like yourself I'd like to be running 40's some day and I currently have the bolt-on CO's.

What I gathered by the end of that thread was this...EVO DTD, 5.38 gears, and axles 60's/FF or better are the absolute best set-up for running 40's. That includes crawling, ledges, high speed desert bombing, EVERYTHING you can throw your jeep at. However, a set up like yourself (and what I'll be running very soon) - DD long arms, bolt on coilovers, front and rear 60's, will hold up to 40's just fine in almost everything - EXCEPT high speed bombing through the desert. If you won't find yourself doing that type of off-roading, this set up should be fine.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Sooo.. is anybody going to give me the actual reason why the 7k dollar kit I bought from Evo isn't good enough for 40's?
Cause it's sounding like I waisted my money, and need to just go with the DTD
Which blows ass if that's the case.

----------------
2016 JKUR

Sooo.. is anybody going to give me the actual reason why the 7k dollar kit I bought from Evo isn't good enough for 40's?

read my last post...

it's not a "reason" you're looking for. but it's this...it's NOT that the bolt-on coilovers aren't good enough to handle 40's, noone is saying that or will ever say that. it's just that the DTD would be the BEST option to run 40's.

Last edited:

BlackDiamond_JKU

read my last post...

Yeah I'm OCONUS and the net is spotty over here, so I didn't get Eddie or your responses until after I hit reply.
Thanks man, that makes more sense. Given that you and I probably wheel a lot of the same spots, or terrain type, (south east Texas) I don't plan on doing bomb runs in the JKU, if I wanted that, I wouldn't have sold my money pit Raptor last year.

----------------
2016 JKUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Again, it is only really an issue when it comes to speed. The weight of ProRocks and 40" tires is significant and the bolt on coil overs just won't be able to manage them at high speeds on really rough terrain or at least, not for very long. When it comes to daily driving or even for rock crawling, you'd be fine with the bolt on coil overs.

EDIT: LOL! guess I was a bit slow in responding.

BlackDiamond_JKU

read my last post...

it's not a "reason" you're looking for. but it's this...it's NOT that the bolt-on coilovers aren't good enough to handle 40's, noone is saying that or will ever say that. it's just that the DTD would be the BEST option to run 40's.

Oh yeah, of course, I'd love to run the DTD [emoji23]
But, I'm (aka having my shop) not pulling out my Double D Pro, and dropping 12k in suspension right now.

The entire point of my original post was, is anybody else running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now, or wait [emoji23]

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

Again, it is only really an issue when it comes to speed. The weight of ProRocks and 40" tires is significant and the bolt on coil overs just won't be able to manage them at high speeds on really rough terrain or at least, not for very long. When it comes to daily driving or even for rock crawling, you'd be fine with the bolt on coil overs.

EDIT: LOL! guess I was a bit slow in responding.

Thanks dude

Yeah, no bomb runs for me, just crawling, and DD'ing, I had a Raptor for that, and hardly used it, spent more time in my JK...

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

The entire point of my original post on this thread was to ask if anybody else is running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now for pumpkin clearance , or wait [emoji23]
Everywhere I search people are running the PR60 high pinion in the rear, which is not the same.

----------------
2016 JKUR

– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC[/QUOTE]

----------------
2016 JKUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The entire point of my original post on this thread was to ask if anybody else is running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now for pumpkin clearance , or wait [emoji23]
Everywhere I search people are running the PR60 high pinion in the rear, which is not the same.

The ProRock diff housing has about the same amount of ground clearance as a factory Dana 44. Going low pinion would leave your pinion yoke more exposed to the rocks but that might not be enough to matter. The strength you'd get from running on the strong side of the ring gear is probably a bigger benefit to have.

WJCO

Meme King

Also keep in mind that this is a brand new axle, just released last fall. I don't know if anyone is even running it yet.

mastrcruse

Any other options I should be looking at compared to the below layout?

I am looking to purchase an XD60 to pair with my UD60 rear. I'm thinking the XD60 spec'd for the Elite Package is perfect combo. Does anyone have any feedback on if there are other options I should be adding to it?

• ProRock XD60® Front Axle
• Dynatrac exclusive patented ProRock® nodular-iron, high-pinion ProRock XD60® center-section with bearing bores to handle oversize pinion and carrier bearings for elite housing rigidity.
• More ground clearance than any other high pinion axle housing made for 10.1-inch ring-gear diameters.
• 3.75-inch diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio compared to any other light-truck axle on the market.
• Dynatrac exclusive Dual-Sump High Volume™ (DSHV) oiling system to ensure the outer pinion bearing is never without lubrication.
• Dynatrac-exclusive U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1550 35-spline and optional 40-spline axleshaft assemblies. These are the best shafts in the industry and are capable of up to 50-degree turning angles. You get complete 35 or optional 40-spline inners and outer shafts with 1550 joints installed.
• The ProRock XD60 is the only axle in the industry specifically engineered with features to complement and support 40-spline shafts.
• Our new 1550 LT® high-strength, lightweight, military-grade, aluminum knuckles are loaded with our latest set of Dynatrac HD BallJoints™ yet. These are the last ball joints you’ll ever need, and are designed with larger stems and bodies for long life and high durability with big tires.
• Dynatrac’s exclusive 1550 LT wheel ends are equipped with our latest 35-spline or optional 40-spline Stub Hub™. Forged 4140, heat-treated, fixed spindles and serviceable wheel bearings support tires up to 44 inches.
• No other 4x4 front axle offers the ease of steering, low scrub radius, effective Ackermann angle and high steering linkage positioning.
• Includes Dynatrac high capacity 13.25-inch brake upgrade with new dual-piston front calipers and vented rotors.
• Includes our latest integrated track bar and ram-assist steering mounting package.
• Includes new HD tie rod, integral steering arm, new Dynatrac DHD™ drag-link sleeve, control arm bushings, CNC laser-cut HD suspension brackets, all professionally welded and installed.
• Includes DynaLoc™ locking hubs. DynaLoc hubs are over 3 times stronger than all other locking hubs on the market.
• Your choice of a ARB Air Locker or Auburn Gear ECTED Max locking differential and 5.38 gears.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Looking at the 44/60 package, the pics show the front 44 has a 5on5 bolt pattern and the rear 60 has the 8on6.5 pattern. I'd want them to be all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The can be if you want them to be.
I had the option on what bolt pattern I wanted when I called and ordered my 60/60 set.
I chose 8x6.5

----------------
2016 JKUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the 44/60 package, the pics show the front 44 has a 5on5 bolt pattern and the rear 60 has the 8on6.5 pattern. I'd want them to be all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Being that it's a semi-float setup, you should be able to custom order your rear 60 with 5x5 just like a Trail 60. Not sure how that would effect the price but that should be an option or I would think. I believe that Moochie here on the forum is running that setup now.

Chris1015

Can't wrap my head around these prices yet. What were they like before these deals price wise for a pair? 10k seems like so much money. Please pardon the ignorance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom