steering stabilizer

dunstan74

About a month ago i broke my stock SS and have been running without one ever since the fact. My jeep handles perfectly fine without a SS but i wanted to know if running without it will cause any issues later down the road, is it causing any premature wear or stress on steering components not having a SS?

Thanks for anyone's input.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No you will be fine. If anything you will notice when things, like ball joints, are worn out easier. You can fine stock SS on Craigslist for super cheap

jeeeep

Hooked
About a month ago i broke my stock SS and have been running without one ever since the fact. My jeep handles perfectly fine without a SS but i wanted to know if running without it will cause any issues later down the road, is it causing any premature wear or stress on steering components not having a SS?

Thanks for anyone's input.

since it helps smooth the oscillating effect of the tires I'd put another stock SS back in. IMO without it the job of the SS gets put on the drag link (steering box), tie rod and track bar.

dunstan74

since it helps smooth the oscillating effect of the tires I'd put another stock SS back in. IMO without it the job of the SS gets put on the drag link (steering box), tie rod and track bar.

That's what my concern is, drives perfect but i don't want to do any damage to other components.

dunstan74

No you will be fine. If anything you will notice when things, like ball joints, are worn out easier. You can fine stock SS on Craigslist for super cheap

being in Australia its a bit harder to track down stock take off parts compared to you guys in the states I've looked around and came up empty, is there aftermarket SS you would recommend?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
being in Australia its a bit harder to track down stock take off parts compared to you guys in the states I've looked around and came up empty, is there aftermarket SS you would recommend?

I have heard that the rancho on is very similar to the stock one in terms of how it feels. Outside of that I don't know because I still run the stock one and will until I need hydro assist.

dunstan74

I have heard that the rancho on is very similar to the stock one in terms of how it feels. Outside of that I don't know because I still run the stock one and will until I need hydro assist.

Thanks ill check it out,
anymore opinions on not running a SS causing issues with steering parts?

Top Bottom