WJ

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Looks like a 6 inch lift.

That looks clean... how much?

That’s pretty sharp looking.

I think either a 6 or a 6.5" Clayton with 35's. Very nice and wheels it quite a bit not for sale. Found it on an old thread. It's crazy he had the sticker was about 36,000 brand new. Now you can get these things for under $5,000 and still in pretty decent shape. I would really like to get an Overland just because correct me if I'm wrong and they come with a Dana 44 in the back in the 30 in the front, like the JK. I love my JK but having something with four doors like this very inexpensive and I could really modify it quite a bit. I am really digging the Goliath Trail ready and Hanson front bumpers. I was really considering the 4 inch short arm but now I'm talking to you guys and reading a lot more on the internet I think I'm going to go with the long arm and I'm going to go with the Rusty's Offroad. I would like to keep it around the 33 in tire so I'm still contemplating the 4.5 or the 6.5 inch lift. if I was to Wed down quite a bit on trips the 6.5 might be ideal but the 4.5 I'm really considering. however,. They are both the same price at Rusty's for about 24 to $2,500.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
WTF?!? How did I miss this? That's awesome Pete - what's his/her name??

And she is a sweetheart Jerry. We adopted her and apparently she was scared of men and food bowls and water bowls. She is totally come around in the two weeks that we've had her she sleeps with me now and she eats out of the bowl instead of us hand feeding her. Her name is Athena! She is definitely helped fill the hole that was left in my heart
IMG_20190305_142602247.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I think either a 6 or a 6.5" Clayton with 35's. Very nice and wheels it quite a bit not for sale. Found it on an old thread. It's crazy he had the sticker was about 36,000 brand new. Now you can get these things for under $5,000 and still in pretty decent shape. I would really like to get an Overland just because correct me if I'm wrong and they come with a Dana 44 in the back in the 30 in the front, like the JK. I love my JK but having something with four doors like this very inexpensive and I could really modify it quite a bit. I am really digging the Goliath Trail ready and Hanson front bumpers. I was really considering the 4 inch short arm but now I'm talking to you guys and reading a lot more on the internet I think I'm going to go with the long arm and I'm going to go with the Rusty's Offroad. I would like to keep it around the 33 in tire so I'm still contemplating the 4.5 or the 6.5 inch lift. if I was to Wed down quite a bit on trips the 6.5 might be ideal but the 4.5 I'm really considering. however,. They are both the same price at Rusty's for about 24 to $2,500.

We bought ours from the 2nd owner and window sticker was still in the glove box. 38k brand new! And we bought it for 3600 bucks. Hard to believe.
The Overland isn't the only model with the 44 rear. And the 30 in the front is a low-pinion axle, not exactly the same as the JK 30. I believe any WJ with a V8 has the 44 in the rear.
You could do 33s on a 4 inch lift but you'll probably have to trim a little more and make sure the bump stops are set correctly so your tires don't eat the fenders.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
We bought ours from the 2nd owner and window sticker was still in the glove box. 38k brand new! And we bought it for 3600 bucks. Hard to believe.
The Overland isn't the only model with the 44 rear. And the 30 in the front is a low-pinion axle, not exactly the same as the JK 30. I believe any WJ with a V8 has the 44 in the rear.
You could do 33s on a 4 inch lift but you'll probably have to trim a little more and make sure the bump stops are set correctly so your tires don't eat the fenders.

Yeah it's crazy I think the WJ's are really an underrated 4x4. I can't wait to find one I missed out on on a few deals. I'll probably have to take a drive to Portland as well. The wifey would rather me sell this thing first before I buy something so I guess I'll do that. She's scared I'll keep two Jeeps. The thought has crossed my mind though. I'm probably going to try to find some more Rubicon take offs preferably the Willys black ones and run those for now.

JKbrick

Yeah it's crazy I think the WJ's are really an underrated 4x4. I can't wait to find one I missed out on on a few deals. I'll probably have to take a drive to Portland as well. The wifey would rather me sell this thing first before I buy something so I guess I'll do that. She's scared I'll keep two Jeeps. The thought has crossed my mind though. I'm probably going to try to find some more Rubicon take offs preferably the Willys black ones and run those for now.

Arrcherr has some but shipping would probably suck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trplxj

All V8 WJ’s have a “Dana 44” in the rear. It has a aluminum center section and shares nothing with older D44. The 4.0 inline 6 WJ’s have a Dana 35 in the rear. All of them have a D30 in the front.

The WJ can be had for a really decent price, and I think they are a good platform to start a build from. I picked mine up for about 2K.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
All V8 WJ’s have a “Dana 44” in the rear. It has a aluminum center section and shares nothing with older D44. The 4.0 inline 6 WJ’s have a Dana 35 in the rear. All of them have a D30 in the front.

The WJ can be had for a really decent price, and I think they are a good platform to start a build from. I picked mine up for about 2K.

Damn! What a sweet deal. I have found some with two owners and well maintained. I also like the fact with a V8 you have a higher towing capacity. I really dig both you and WJCO's rigs! Anyone have the 242HD? Any pros and cons?

trplxj

I have a 242hd in mine, I put it in when I did the doubler. I had some problems at first with it popping out of 4hi. But I knew that this was going to be a problem when I bought it. The guy I got it from swapped it out of his WJ for that reason. I got it for dirt cheap so I figured it was worth it if I needed to replace a few parts. I ended up replacing the differential, and slid collar, and chain. I also put a SYE in it.

Honestly, if was to do it again I would do a 231. There’s a lot more of them out there for parts if you need them, and way more aftermarket parts. But, if the WJ you are looking at has a 242hd I would worry about it. I think it’s a good t case.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have a 242hd in mine, I put it in when I did the doubler. I had some problems at first with it popping out of 4hi. But I knew that this was going to be a problem when I bought it. The guy I got it from swapped it out of his WJ for that reason. I got it for dirt cheap so I figured it was worth it if I needed to replace a few parts. I ended up replacing the differential, and slid collar, and chain. I also put a SYE in it.

Honestly, if was to do it again I would do a 231. There’s a lot more of them out there for parts if you need them, and way more aftermarket parts. But, if the WJ you are looking at has a 242hd I would worry about it. I think it’s a good t case.

I have also noticed they come with so many different options.

Top Bottom