My PR60's with Full Float

GCM 2

Did you have any issues with your PSC brackets? I've heard they are pretty snug to mount. What size slabs you running? Thanks again.

I have a different set up. The majority of the Off Road Evolution rigs like Eddie's and mine run the EVO high steer set up, kind of proprietary to that shop. They incorporate their ram assist skid into the mount of the ram to the axle tubing and then the tie rod is so far up and out of the way, there is no issues with interference of any kind.

Attachments

• image-712101200.jpg
    image-712101200.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 256
  • image-1867306120.jpg
    image-1867306120.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 250
  • image-935905273.jpg
    image-935905273.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 250

RDE2ROK

Congrats! It looks like youve got the right stuff. :thumb: you my friend are gunna have a BADDASS JEEP!:beer:
I've got the same front and I am real close to ordering the same rear your getting,accept I also am running 17" wheels and 40" tires. My wheels are 4" backspaceing! I hope this won't be an issue?:icon_crazy:

GCM 2

[SUP][/SUP]
You know if there is any benefits/negatives on 17's vs 20's outside the wider tires?

You know, not so much. You get a little more sidewall and thats about it. There are probably still more tire choices in 17" wheel offerings than in 20" wheel for what we do. In fact if I am not mistaken, Wayolife had 20" wheels because originally the 40" Toyo Open Country M/T's he ran were only offered for 20" wheels. That has since changed and you can get Open Country's in 40"x17". I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Prime8

I have a different set up. The majority of the Off Road Evolution rigs like Eddie's and mine run the EVO high steer set up, kind of proprietary to that shop. They incorporate their ram assist skid into the mount of the ram to the axle tubing and then the tie rod is so far up and out of the way, there is no issues with interference of any kind.

Greg, can you order the PSC bracket setup and skid system for the hydro assist from EVO, or is it only something you can get in-shop? I have the drag link flip from EVO for my Double D, but I want the PSC hydro assist and the ram bracket would interfere with the flip kit bracket. Do they sell a bracket that has the "tabs" welded on, ready for the PSC ram?

GCM 2

Greg, can you order the PSC bracket setup and skid system for the hydro assist from EVO........

Man, I really don't know. I hate saying "call the shop and speak to Jake", but thats all the help I can be. Being close friends with the guys over there is definitely no qualification to speak on their behalf. This I do know, you can order the kit aftermarket axles from PSC and go from there. Maybe Off Road Evolution will part their set up out :idontknow:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ty-cylinder-assist-kit-aftermarket-axles.html

dchew

Caught the Bug
Looks like I will be cutting the bottom off the PSC bracket and mounting the vertical face right over the drag link relocation bracket. Either bolting or welding. Probably the latter. This puts the ram above the tie rod but not totally out of harms way.

Man, I really don't know. I hate saying "call the shop and speak to Jake", but thats all the help I can be. Being close friends with the guys over there is definitely no qualification to speak on their behalf. This I do know, you can order the kit aftermarket axles from PSC and go from there. Maybe Off Road Evolution will part their set up out :idontknow:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ty-cylinder-assist-kit-aftermarket-axles.html

So I called Off Road Evolution and spoke to Jake and he said no way to get that kit outside of them doing it.

I may be wrong but every time I try getting information about my order(s) he treats me like I'm wasting his time. Great products not too impressed with how they treat customers. Maybe its because I have certain expectations and I need to lower them but they have lost a bit of my business due to this. /rant

Prime8

So I called Off Road Evolution and spoke to Jake and he said no way to get that kit outside of them doing it.

I may be wrong but every time I try getting information about my order(s) he treats me like I'm wasting his time. Great products not too impressed with how they treat customers. Maybe its because I have certain expectations and I need to lower them but they have lost a bit of my business due to this. /rant

Don't say that! You'll get accosted!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Ask to speak to someone else. Try Chris at EVO MFG he is very helpful. :thumb:

Your not the only one to complain about Jake but I wouldn't judge all of EVO on him.

Ask to speak to someone else. Try Chris at EVO MFG he is very helpful. :thumb:

Your not the only one to complain about Jake but I wouldn't judge all of EVO on him.

I guess thats my fault...every time I call in they hand me off to Jake, every time I email he responds so I assumed he was their sales rep that handled all of it. I will ask for Chris next time, thank you!

Prime8

I guess thats my fault...every time I call in they hand me off to Jake, every time I email he responds so I assumed he was their sales rep that handled all of it. I will ask for Chris next time, thank you!

You have to call EVO MFG to talk to Chris. You've been calling ORE. FYI.

GCM 2

Man, sorry to hear that! But I can say this in their defense, and by no way am I implying that you fit into the category; That shop is beyond busy! And sometimes Jake does nothing but answer questions on the phone and doing this while trying to keep all customers happy no matter how stupid the questions are is almost impossible. Your question is definitely legitimate, but the other 200 phone calls out of 250 that day were probably straight up bull shit. I have even gotten the run around from the guys there when I have called, and you know, sometimes it is all about timing and it seems you caught the guy on a bad day. If you personally knew Jake, that is definitely not like him and Mel would in no way allow that to be the standard of customer service.

Anyway, I kind of figured they would release that kind of stuff for public install. It is their "EVO high steer set up", and as much as we all want that one piece of kit, sometimes a manufacturer just wants to keep the good stuff for themselves to put on a rig. Sucks!

Top Bottom