How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

Tanktitan

I was told to expect -3 mpg so I am good with what I get. As to range, you might note that when my needle is dead square on empty, there is still 2.5 gallons in the tank per the specs. That gets you another maybe 50 miles. I have never run it to empty but would like to know if this holds true. I would also like to know if running out of gas hurts anything. I heard that before but am suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Like others, I get around 250 miles a tank. That's me fueling right as the light comes on. I know I could get more if I pushed it. Driving across country I average the same. The best I ever got was 280 something. I think that is pretty good for a JKU on 37s and 5.13s.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I was told to expect -3 mpg so I am good with what I get. As to range, you might note that when my needle is dead square on empty, there is still 2.5 gallons in the tank per the specs. That gets you another maybe 50 miles. I have never run it to empty but would like to know if this holds true. I would also like to know if running out of gas hurts anything. I heard that before but am suspicious.

When my indicator get to the point that it says 30 miles of range left, if I drive it 30 miles, I usually still have 2.0-2.5 gallons in the tank.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
That sounds about right. I have heard it said that it is not good for modern cars to run to dead empty. What is the issue if any?

More fuel in the tank = better heat dissipation from the fuel returned to tank. Also note that if you run out of fuel then the injectors have to run dry till all the air is purged from the lines. This is bad in terms of lack of lubrication, and heat buildup.

Tanktitan

More fuel in the tank = better heat dissipation from the fuel returned to tank. Also note that if you run out of fuel then the injectors have to run dry till all the air is purged from the lines. This is bad in terms of lack of lubrication, and heat buildup.

Thank you. That makes sense. If you run completely out of gas, obviously the system is designed to recover and get you going, but has damage been done at that point or is it more of a general wear and tear issue that in time may affect the fuel system?

I-Eat-Mud

I get about 285 usually. 16 mpg. 2 door on 37s with 5.13 gears. And I’m not particularly a granny like driver.

kawimoto

I've been getting similar as well. 260-285 on 5.13s and 37s. I cruise at 55 on my way to work. It's an hour and ten minutes both ways and I use the jku to do it....100 miles a day. Sucks eating tires on the asphalt more than anything

shipjim

I just completed a 5800 mile trip to Rapid City, a steamboat Springsteen, Flaming Gorge Utah. Moab, Pagosa Springs Colorado, Colorado Springs and home to Houston
My mpg monitor for the trip says 15.0. Makes me smile because we pushed it pretty hard, 70-75 all the way except Moab wher we averaged about 4mpg.

jj

aermotor

I can maybe get 250 miles on fumes.

3.6L, 4DR, 5.13s, 37s, 4" lift, warn zeon 10 steel, front/rear bumpers, sliders, heavy tool box, other shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom