What Auto Insurance Do You Have?

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Pemco has been good to me about getting my stuff taken care of and actually making sure the other guys state farm didn't skimp out. Whole process for me was two phone calls for probably a total of an hour and all of my repairs and rental car was handled with not a penny lost on my end except for gas to drive the rental.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

AAA here and love it. I was paying 94$ for full coverage on my 94’ yj. I believe I have 2 or 3 speeding tickets but I forget the exact number... I now work for them now though so that number lower d quite a bit[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Well after the hunt and search a coworker recommended a local broker to me. They shopped around and found me a better policy through Mercury than I had with State farm for $280 a month cheaper. Huge difference and even the State farm agent I spoke with didn't blame me for cancelling my policy. Seems the reckless driving had fallen off my record but was still "paying" for it (pun intended) with State farm. Thanks everyone for the information.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Well after the hunt and search a coworker recommended a local broker to me. They shopped around and found me a better policy through Mercury than I had with State farm for $280 a month cheaper. Huge difference and even the State farm agent I spoke with didn't blame me for cancelling my policy. Seems the reckless driving had fallen off my record but was still "paying" for it (pun intended) with State farm. Thanks everyone for the information.

Lol. I've been with Mercury for years and no matter how many times I try and find a better deal, I have yet to find one. State Farm has always been on the upper end of cost along with Allstate and their service hasn't justified the price in my experience.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
Lol. I've been with Mercury for years and no matter how many times I try and find a better deal, I have yet to find one. State Farm has always been on the upper end of cost along with Allstate and their service hasn't justified the price in my experience.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I only had one claim, last year, and it was a no-at fault uninsured motorist claim. They handled it great and I was satisfied, but yeah when I can cut my premium by 58% and have more coverage I'm going to have to switch. You won't see that kind of savings on the Geico or AAA ads..haha.

BaddestCross

I only had one claim, last year, and it was a no-at fault uninsured motorist claim. They handled it great and I was satisfied, but yeah when I can cut my premium by 58% and have more coverage I'm going to have to switch. You won't see that kind of savings on the Geico or AAA ads..haha.

It's hit and miss, I guess. My dad was insured by SF for years because they were the only company that would touch him at the time after some issues he had and then just never switched when he was able. He had one claim with them that was obviously the fault of the other party and decided to rake my dad over the coals instead.

Mercury is a little annoying if you have to deal with them directly because it's sometimes hard to reach the adjusters, but if you've got a good local broker that you can deal with you'll be ahead of the game. I will say that I haven't had any problems with them dealing with accident claims or covering repairs or replacements due to theft.

As mentioned, I haven't been able to beat their prices, so any little annoyances I've had to deal with I remind myself of that. 🙄

--

Oreo_penguin536

--

I’ll second that. Haven’t had state farm but I can say Allstate had landed me a $1,350 bill to the court and almost got my car impounded due to an agent that “forgot” to fill out my form with my details or something. Ended up getting a lawyer for that. Obviously I cancelled the policy. About 6 months after the fact Allstate had the audacity to say I owe them $300 due to nonpayment and late fees upon which I was not contacted about. They said if I don’t pay it within the week it will go to collections since they “had contacted me multiple times prior” which again never happened.
They can go get bent for all I care

End of rant, continue on[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Popped for reckless? Ouch. Yea it’s probably going to be tough to find a deal regardless of provider. Happy with California Casualty for the past ten years after I got rid of AAA. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive at the time I was looking. It’s been so long I should probably look into it. This is one of those things I have never gave a second thought about. I pay annually also so I only give it a brief 30 seconds once a year.

jesse3638

Hooked
Popped for reckless? Ouch. Yea it’s probably going to be tough to find a deal regardless of provider. Happy with California Casualty for the past ten years after I got rid of AAA. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive at the time I was looking. It’s been so long I should probably look into it. This is one of those things I have never gave a second thought about. I pay annually also so I only give it a brief 30 seconds once a year.
Could have been worse. That's what I was reduced to...;). I was lucky. Fortunately insurance companies seem to go back only 3 years and it was 4.5 years ago. Statefarm just holds it against you a lot longer.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I stated earlier in this thread that I use USAA, been with for 28 years. My Jeep got hailed on couple days ago, adjuster shows up yesterday looks it over leaves, I get an email with the estimate from him and an email from USAA stating they received it, approved it and the check was in the mail. Total time from his arrival to the emails was an hour and a half.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom