Winter Is Coming: WhiteWalker Build

R3D4UM

I figured this might be a good time to start a build thread. I'm planning a few upgrades by the end of the year and I want to make sure I get it done right the first time with the help of our awesome community. I have already installed a Cobra 75 and now I'm working on two projects, the replacement of stock fenders with MetalCloak Overline fenders. At this time the way we plan on wheeling metal fenders won't be a hazard, this may change if we move out west where we can get out more. The second project that I'm getting off the ground is a lift. I have been talking to Wes at Trail Jeeps and got some great information, however I was advised to replace the stock DS with a 1310 and based on the experience of others and a couple post's by Eddie it seems like that would be a bad idea. I'm not opposed to going to the 1350, I'm leaning towards Adams, so I can only assume Wes recommended the 1310 believing it to be stronger than stock and within my budget. I'll call when I get off. Anyway the current, in process, and future (by 1 Dec 2016) build sheet is as follows:

Cobra 75wxst (installed)
Rugged Ridge CB mount (installed)
18' RG-58A/U Coaxial Cable (installed)
Firestik II 4' (installed)
Firestik K-A4 CB Antenna stud mount (installed)
Metalcloak Rear Fender EXO Skin (still in paint process)
Metalcloak Overline Rear Fender (still in paint process)
Metalcloak Overline Tube Fender (still in paint process)
Metalcloak 8" Overline Front Flare (still in paint process)
Evo Enforcer 3" lift kit (pending final purchase quote, Trail Jeeps)
Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Front & Rear (pending lift kit purchase)
Adams 1310/1350 DS (pending more research/advice)
1.5" Wheel spacers (pending final purchase quote, Trail Jeeps)

Any advice on the DS is welcome, I want to get this right the first time as I said before. Thanks for stopping by.

IMG_1476741008.198095.jpg

R3D4UM

I'd also think about the 3" Enforcer. You sticking with 35s? If you want to do 37s, seems like most guys run the 4" to do so

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

I think we are content with 35s. I plan on purchasing another Wrangler in the future so on that one we may go bigger but for my wife's daily driver I think 35s will be large enough. I did think about the 4" though even with only going up to 35s.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
It looks like you have a good foundation going here and if your plan is for 35's, I'd say you've thought of everything. You could even skip the rear D/S for now and just upgrade the front. No harm in that.

The only thing really lacking here is some extra protection for your oil pan and transmission (I'm assuming it's an auto). Look into Evo's oil pan and trans skid for a good and cheap upgrade. Those 2 are about $250 and give piece of mind when you hear the belly scrape a rock. Rockhard also makes a really good skid system with more coverage, but it's a little pricier.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Love the name!!! and i am currently running an adams 1310... since i havent regeared yetand with 37s i wanted to make the ujoint on my driveshaft the weak point in my driveline instead of my ring and pinion so if anything does fail all i need to do it remove the front shaft and drive home... IMO and for my scenario it was the smart move and Cozdude is running the same thing (1310) just my :twocents:

WJCO

Meme King
Love the name!!! and i am currently running an adams 1310... since i havent regeared yetand with 37s i wanted to make the ujoint on my driveshaft the weak point in my driveline instead of my ring and pinion so if anything does fail all i need to do it remove the front shaft and drive home... IMO and for my scenario it was the smart move and Cozdude is running the same thing (1310) just my :twocents:

Lol. That was my thinking too as far as the weak point. I ordered my PR with a 1310 yoke. If it breaks, I will upgrade in the future, but since I already have a 1310 that works well, I figured I might as well keep it for now.

Brute

Hooked
Being a fan of Game of Thrones (great name for a build thread, by the way), I was wondering when someone is going to start a Walking Dead build thread?...

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Nice looking jeep! Build sounds good so far. I ran a 1310 when I had 35s but I'm not a very aggressive driver. When I ordered my PR44 I went to 1350 because I have 37s now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

R3D4UM

Being a fan of Game of Thrones (great name for a build thread, by the way), I was wondering when someone is going to start a Walking Dead build thread?...

That would be great. I've already blocked off Sunday night for the Season premiere. It's not looking good for Rick.

R3D4UM

Nice looking jeep! Build sounds good so far. I ran a 1310 when I had 35s but I'm not a very aggressive driver. When I ordered my PR44 I went to 1350 because I have 37s now.

The trail options here in GA are not to extreme, I have to drive a couple hours for anything that would challenge 35s. I am looking forward to Windrock with everyone once I get 35s on. Definitely not moving to a PR44 or PR60 anytime soon. The 1350 is highly likely though.

R3D4UM

It's been awhile but life happens and now I finally have the funds to progress to the lift kit. Big thanks to Wes at Trail Jeeps for helping me out. Just placed an order for the 3" Evo Enforcer lift kit and Drag link flip kit. I definitely recommend ordering from them any chance you get. Can't wait to get this installed, I ordered the Rancho 9000XL shocks separately to go with this lift.

Top Bottom