Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Ddays

Hooked
Wellll funny story... i almost bought my old JK back but decided to start fresh. Its going straight to shop. Already have a 5.3 with cam and heads, turbo 400 about to order atlas for it. I have kingpin60 front and a 14bolt for the rear and a bunch of the parts that go with those. Have a set of 14” ORIs for the front and about a week ago i ordered a set of 16s just waiting the long ORI wait time to get them. Plan is to do it all while its all nice and clean and not beat up and hidden dirt everywhere.

:cheesy: You don't do anything easy or small do ya?! Sounds like it'll be pretty badass. Gonna document it as well as the JK?

Grubbicon

:cheesy: You don't do anything easy or small do ya?! Sounds like it'll be pretty badass. Gonna document it as well as the JK?

Haha naw im not good at leaving anything alone. Big thing here was I already had all the parts and couldnt decide what i was gonna build. Was leaning on a LJ but then was like hey I got an idea. I ended up ordering it as stripped down as you can not even AC considering i knew exactly what the plan was for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Wellll funny story... i almost bought my old JK back but decided to start fresh. Its going straight to shop. Already have a 5.3 with cam and heads, turbo 400 about to order atlas for it. I have kingpin60 front and a 14bolt for the rear and a bunch of the parts that go with those. Have a set of 14” ORIs for the front and about a week ago i ordered a set of 16s just waiting the long ORI wait time to get them. Plan is to do it all while its all nice and clean and not beat up and hidden dirt everywhere.

Hell ya!! Welcome back. Saw it was for sale and was wondering if you were going to build a jl. Can’t wait to see this thing done!

Grubbicon

I thought you were into the whole pinball machine, rip up the landscape, rock bouncer thing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh I definitely still am but getting tired of it. Im ready build another rig thats a lot better of a trail rig but also as the parts and ability to take a beat down like my buggy then drive around town if I please. Im sure Ill have another buggy one day but my plan for the JL isnt far off at all other then its appearance

Ddays

Hooked
No a/c🤯!

Right? In Georgia no less! :shock: Sorry Grubby - I've been in Georgia in the middle of Summer - you can have it - it's fucking miserable. Only place I've been to more miserably humid was Columbia SC in July/August. That place is Hell, plain and simple. They should hand out pitchforks to all the residents to poke all the tourists to complete the illusion...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Oh I definitely still am but getting tired of it. Im ready build another rig thats a lot better of a trail rig but also as the parts and ability to take a beat down like my buggy then drive around town if I please. Im sure Ill have another buggy one day but my plan for the JL isnt far off at all other then its appearance

I have to ask. What makes you think the JL will handle what you put it through, better than your old JK?

Grubbicon

Right? In Georgia no less! :shock: Sorry Grubby - I've been in Georgia in the middle of Summer - you can have it - it's fucking miserable. Only place I've been to more miserably humid was Columbia SC in July/August. That place is Hell, plain and simple. They should hand out pitchforks to all the residents to poke all the tourists to complete the illusion...

Here is out I looked at it I got it as mainly an a offroad rig and by the time im done wont have a top anymore. Same affect is wheeling my old CJ or my buggy. Plus my dad always said you cant be cool and comfortable [emoji23]

I have to ask. What makes you think the JL will handle what you put it through, better than your old JK?

I wanted to go to a 2dr because i never did really like the 4dr plus by the time im dont not much JL left but the appearance

Last edited:

Defcon3JKU

Man I’m down in south Alabama in the corner of FL and GA. The heat index is already in the 100s with crazy humidity. I can’t do without A/C. It’s hard to ride without roof and doors most days. You don’t have to worry about the rain, just try not die seating at a red light.

Top Bottom