Az group

Randy Tadevich

That sign isn't too far off base. I ran it last September, I'll see if I can dig up a few pics and post them up. I'd say at least a bit of lift, taller than stock tires at the least would be helpful., especially for the JKU guys. There's only a few spots I remember that can't be sorta bypassed/easier optioned. There's an old concrete dam in the wash that was tall enough to hang me up with my 2dr, 2" lift and 35's. there's also a small-ish notch to get through that i don't remember any other options. My skids and rails saw use. All that said, I haven't heard much about conditions after all the rain, other than the T.R.A.L folks did some trail repair along the shelf road on the way out. The canyon could be easier or harder I guess.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Hey bthomas, you said you might make the Sunflower run this Saturday. If your in, send me a PM with name and number and I will give the meeting area details, I don't believe I have yours.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bthomas

Hey bthomas, you said you might make the Sunflower run this Saturday. If your in, send me a PM with name and number and I will give the meeting area details, I don't believe I have yours.

I'm out... work. [emoji35] I got roped into being on call this weekend, so I can't be out of cell coverage, nor too far from my work truck.

I need to figure out how to make a living at my convenience! Ha!

Anyway, you all have fun and stay safe out there. So sorry I have to miss this one, it's a fun trail. Maybe I can catch the next one.

Watch for snakes too, that time of year seems to be here already.

AZMikeD

Ok. Well I think we can get everyone through it. Tire placement will be big thing I imagine. I had seen others pics of stock jeeps on the trail. Hopefully we can get everyone to the mine at least. If the low boys don't want to do it, we can always turn around. I appreciate the intel bthomas.

No problem at all! I may be able to join you all on this one, I hope. Getting to the remains of the old mine/mill site wasn't really too bad from what I remember. I think the fun starts if you do the rest of the loop, tire placement and patience I think will be key. And maybe a strap here and there.
It really is a super fun trail, with some great scenery, some history at the mine, and lots of challenges. There's were some pretty fun V notched washouts on the way out as well.

Oh no! It's going to be Smiley Rock all over again, lol! :eek:

Back in 2015, I had just bought the JK Rubicon wheels and I didn't have them on a week and I ran Smiley and, of course, the brand-new-looking wheels weren't so brand new by the time we hit the end of the trail. ;)

Now, it looks like my new wheels will likely be 'christened' on Sunflower. Better now than never I guess. lmao :D

I have someone who may be interested in joining but she's only running 33's with a 1.5" lift. It looks like she'd probably have some difficultly in that rock garden. Are any other mildly modded/stock rigs confirmed? She doesn't want to be the only one that has to turn around, don't blame her.

Randy Tadevich

That's fine Mike, she can come along. She will probably be the least lifted. I was looking at some videos and we can get her through the rock gardens. If she doesn't feel comfortable we could always turn around. As long as she gets out there and learns a little about herself and what the jeep can do, that's what matters.

I'm trying to have discipline and only do the light stuff while we're still paying the Jeep off. So if something scares her and she prefers not to take a risk, her caution might compensate for my stupidity and lack of will power. She'll be doing me a huge favor.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great pictures, Mike! I have a bunch to add as well. Thanks, as always, to Randy for leading the trail. My kids and I had a blast. Thanks again!

IMG_5965.jpg IMG_5972.jpg IMG_5987.jpg IMG_5996.jpg IMG_6044.jpg IMG_6047.jpg IMG_6074.jpg IMG_6130.jpg IMG_6175.jpg IMG_6179.jpg IMG_6201.jpg IMG_6227.jpg IMG_6266.jpg IMG_6271.jpg IMG_6333.jpg IMG_6486.jpg IMG_6524.jpg IMG_6535.jpg IMG_6541.jpg IMG_6561.jpg

AZMikeD

Great pictures, Mike! I have a bunch to add as well. Thanks, as always, to Randy for leading the trail. My kids and I had a blast. Thanks again!

Great pics, thanks!

And, yes, thanks to Randy for leading the run. And always appreciate the expert spotting. [emoji6]

bthomas

Great pics you guys! Looks like it was a great run, sorry I had to miss it.
Looks like quite a bit of water was running, that's neat to see.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Randy Tadevich

Thanks guys. You, your wives, girlfriends and your great kids are really good people. It was a pleasure. Thanks for the pics. There are some good ones. I like the through the window shots. I like the different perspective shots. You had your rig leaning pretty good Ivan. Mike, your LJ is looking better and better. Good job Eric for maintaining discipline as you wanted and not doing anything "dumd". Haha. The larger tires you guys just installed helped you run that trail with ease. Awesome day.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

A couple have been wanting to do Log Corral. Maybe if people want to run that April 1st we can do that. It's about a 4-5 hour in and out trail. It goes to Bartlet Lake, great for the kids, or adults to play in. Let me know if there is interest in that run.

A couple have been wanting to do Log Corral. Maybe if people want to run that April 1st we can do that. It's about a 4-5 hour in and out trail. It goes to Bartlet Lake, great for the kids, or adults to play in. Let me know if there is interest in that run.

Log Corral is great! Last time we went, we went to the lake, then back down in front of the dam, across the river, and back out by the marina. The river can be crossed if the levels permit.

Randy Tadevich

Log Corral is great! Last time we went, we went to the lake, then back down in front of the dam, across the river, and back out by the marina. The river can be crossed if the levels permit.
It is a great run. Last summer we did your said route and attempted the river crossing, without success. The water started pouring in (doors were off), and we started to become boyant, so I backed out of it. In fact we posted a YouTube video of Dora freaking out, it was great.

Top Bottom