Hobbies and Interests (besides Jeeps)

wjtstudios

Hooked
How did you get the furniture up there?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Before the spiral staircase went in there was a traditional attic access pull down stair. I kept the access hatch in the ceiling below and built a removable panel in the hardwood. That way I can get bigger pieces up there including the furnace, if it were ever to fail, that heats the second floor and attic levels.

To Ed’s point as well, I built the desk and the couch cane up in pieces. Kinda like builds ship in a bottle!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Before the spiral staircase went in there was a traditional attic access pull down stair. I kept the access hatch in the ceiling below and built a removable panel in the hardwood. That way I can get bigger pieces up there including the furnace, if it were ever to fail, that heats the second floor and attic levels.

To Ed’s point as well, I built the desk and the couch cane up in pieces. Kinda like builds ship in a bottle!

Looks really cool, bet she loves it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

View attachment 315356

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

That came out great! I’m getting ready to start drawing plans for my addition and my wife really needs a room like this. I had something similar in my sketches but was going with a standard set of stairs with a mid-landing and it took up a lot of space... I think the spiral stair is the solution... however we are required to have 6’8 of head clearance at the top of a stair... Do you mind if I ask what are the dimensions of that room... length, width, height at ridge and at plates? Is that an 8/12 pitch?

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
That came out great! I’m getting ready to start drawing plans for my addition and my wife really needs a room like this. I had something similar in my sketches but was going with a standard set of stairs with a mid-landing and it took up a lot of space... I think the spiral stair is the solution... however we are required to have 6’8 of head clearance at the top of a stair... Do you mind if I ask what are the dimensions of that room... length, width, height at ridge and at plates? Is that an 8/12 pitch?

Sure, no problem. The room is 24’-8” by 11’-4”. It’s an 8:12 pitch and the ceilings are 7’ at the center. I had to push the color ties almost to the ridge leaving about 28” of a flat spot at the top. The knee walls are 36” and 42” tall. The spiral comes up right into the center and gives you plenty of room to walk down the center of the space and even sit down on the couch with out bumping your head.

The walls and ceilings are 1x6 v groove pre-primed pine and it when up pretty easily. The floor is just vinyl hardwood planks. I didn’t want to carry any more weight up there than I had too. The spiral is made by Paragon spiral stairs and is a 48” diameter. My father and I installed the entire spiral in about 4 hours. The hardest part was bending the hand rail in the corkscrew pattern. I built the desk, cabinet doors and sliding barn doors there on site.

My wife loves the space. The spiral takes a bit to get used to. But once you do, it’s pretty easy to carry stuff up and down.

Hope this helps!

Angry Aussie

IMG_5336.JPG

Golfing, I love golf!! I know I’m a nerd! It’s cool.

IMG_8058.JPG
IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_7777.JPG
Gardening / landscaping

IMG_1918.JPG
Fly fishing

IMG_7670.JPG
IMG_7722.JPG
IMG_7534.JPG

Trimming and planting trees are a few of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 120

Chris1015

^cool post! Growing food rules, you know what is in it! Cool dogs, too! My neighbors have a couple brother Danes.

SLO

Flyfishing and Jeeping. Oh, And the never ending renovation to my house to keep my wife happy so I can go Flyfishing and jeeping!

View attachment 315356

Just finished building her a craft room in the attic just in time for Christmas

Wow, that’s awesome! Really cool use of space.

My wife and I are super involved in our church community so spending time following Jesus and serving the community is top of the list for me. But as far as hobbies go it’s weight lifting and guns. But I don’t spend nearly as much time on either of those as I do on the Jeep!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Wow, that’s awesome! Really cool use of space.

My wife and I are super involved in our church community so spending time following Jesus and serving the community is top of the list for me. But as far as hobbies go it’s weight lifting and guns. But I don’t spend nearly as much time on either of those as I do on the Jeep!

Thank you!

It doesn’t get more American than that, God, Jeeps, and Guns! Let freedom ring!

TheGrendel

TM1Mnlh.jpg

v986BpS.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8356.JPEG
    IMG_8356.JPEG
    135.4 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom