Post your old iron

musicman8

1975 CJ5 304 V8 Levi's Jeep

20180803_173432.jpg
1975 CJ5 304 V8 Levi's Jeep
20180803_181737.jpg
Homemade front bumper will be changed soon but other than that and some wipers I'm leaving it as is. Maybe do some trail riding but no deep mud. She'll live out her remaining years in comfort. Love it though. Just need a good name. :thumb:

jackjr

2nd. CJ

20180617_205549.jpg

This one is a '67, our first one was a '68. I have a lot of work to do on the wiring, bushings, etc. but it runs well. My biggest problem is that Arizona requires emissions testing and this one never had any controls on it. Still working to get it passed and licensed.

Removed the KC's and I'm about to remove the add on bumper for the tow bar and put one on the regular bumper because the tow bar drags on my truck bumper. I'm also installing a hitch on the truck to help with the problem. Not a lot of work going on with the heat here right now but I plug along for a half hour or so off and on during the day. I've spiffed it up with new turn signal lenses and that makes it look a lot better now.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
View attachment 308828

This one is a '67, our first one was a '68. I have a lot of work to do on the wiring, bushings, etc. but it runs well. My biggest problem is that Arizona requires emissions testing and this one never had any controls on it. Still working to get it passed and licensed.

Removed the KC's and I'm about to remove the add on bumper for the tow bar and put one on the regular bumper because the tow bar drags on my truck bumper. I'm also installing a hitch on the truck to help with the problem. Not a lot of work going on with the heat here right now but I plug along for a half hour or so off and on during the day. I've spiffed it up with new turn signal lenses and that makes it look a lot better now.

Very nice! Was that a factory Warn?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
View attachment 308828

It is ludicrous to have to pass an emissions test with a 51 year old vehicle.

Tanktitan

View attachment 308828

Wow! Insane emissions law. Any chance of registering it in a more lenient state?

Beautiful Jeep.

jackjr

Wow! Insane emissions law. Any chance of registering it in a more lenient state?

Beautiful Jeep.

Thank you.

I can't even register it in a different county which would work as Maricopa (Phoenix area) and Pima (Tucson area) counties are the only problem counties. If I had known I would not have bought it. I figured on having something to tinker with but this is turning into a problem. JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket.

BaddestCross

Thank you.

I can't even register it in a different county which would work as Maricopa (Phoenix area) and Pima (Tucson area) counties are the only problem counties. If I had known I would not have bought it. I figured on having something to tinker with but this is turning into a problem. JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket.
Did '67 even have any smog equipment? I thought that didn't come in until the 70s.

The only emissions equipment on my 59 Fairlane is an oil cap with holes drilled under the lip of it so the smoke has somewhere to go. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jackjr

Did '67 even have any smog equipment? I thought that didn't come in until the 70s.

The only emissions equipment on my 59 Fairlane is an oil cap with holes drilled under the lip of it so the smoke has somewhere to go. ��

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Our '68 had smog equipment on it but you can tell this one didn't. No tubes running to the exhaust manifold and no evidence of any brackets for the pump. I may see if I can get ADOT to do something for me. At the local office they were unable to help except to advise I get classic are statis but that would limit mileage and that defeats the purpose of having the thing.

BaddestCross

Our '68 had smog equipment on it but you can tell this one didn't. No tubes running to the exhaust manifold and no evidence of any brackets for the pump. I may see if I can get ADOT to do something for me. At the local office they were unable to help except to advise I get classic are statis but that would limit mileage and that defeats the purpose of having the thing.
Yeah, point being, if it didn't come with anything from the factory, they shouldn't be able to make you retrofit something in there. Something doesn't make sense. Even here in California they don't do that.

--

jackjr

Yeah, point being, if it didn't come with anything from the factory, they shouldn't be able to make you retrofit something in there. Something doesn't make sense. Even here in California they don't do that.

--

I agree with you 100% but I guess later 1967 models came with smog equipment and I'm caught in the no mans land of registration. I was able to get the title in our names due to the fact that the Jeep failed the emissions test twice but I cannot register it or get plates for it. I have a few ideas of how to make it able to pass so I will continue to try. Once that works, if it does, I'll do the same every year. It failed 4 of the test types to start with and all that is left now is the CO test and it is right at the edge of the scale. If I lean out the jet any more it will probably push it out of one of the other tests. I'm hoping that if I can get more air into the cycle then the CO count will fall into the permissible range. I am also going to ask for a different kind of waiver than the state allows right now due to the fact that it never had emission equipment. The hard part will be gathering the information proving it didn't have the equipment. Maybe if I raise enough stink they may let me slip through the crack so to speak.

BaddestCross

I agree with you 100% but I guess later 1967 models came with smog equipment and I'm caught in the no mans land of registration. I was able to get the title in our names due to the fact that the Jeep failed the emissions test twice but I cannot register it or get plates for it. I have a few ideas of how to make it able to pass so I will continue to try. Once that works, if it does, I'll do the same every year. It failed 4 of the test types to start with and all that is left now is the CO test and it is right at the edge of the scale. If I lean out the jet any more it will probably push it out of one of the other tests. I'm hoping that if I can get more air into the cycle then the CO count will fall into the permissible range. I am also going to ask for a different kind of waiver than the state allows right now due to the fact that it never had emission equipment. The hard part will be gathering the information proving it didn't have the equipment. Maybe if I raise enough stink they may let me slip through the crack so to speak.
Good luck, man... It is a beautiful Jeep! 🍻

--

JKbrick

Just down the road from my plumbing shop today
View attachment 250050
A guy bought it for he and his son to work on. It's complete but they already started tearing into it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I posted this up in 2017 and today I own it! The guy remembered me stopping to check it out and called me to see if I wanted it. Hell yes I did! Here it is with the bed on it
IMG_2343.jpg

Top Bottom