Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
6 week aged beef

So... a couple of weeks ago I went out to dinner and wanted a steak. They had 30 day aged NY and I thought MMMM that sounds good.. It was. It was amazing. The next day I started thinking, I'd sure like more of that. The thought occurred to me to look up aging beef at home.. I like to do things on my own so WTH? It turns out it's not that hard to do. All you really need is a chunk of beef. I'm using a large New York cut.. about 11 pounds. A large plate or tray a rack for the meat to sit on a fan for air circulation and a mostly dedicated refrigerator. Oh yeah.. And time.. about 4-6 weeks or however long you want to age it.

I'm going for 6 weeks with mine.
The first pic is the day I put it in the fridge
20190922_144900.jpg
The next pic is a few days later and as you can see it getting darker.
20190928_143759.jpg
and the next is one week and I've turned it over..
20190928_180343.jpg

It's going to be a long 5 more weeks

jdofmemi

So... a couple of weeks ago I went out to dinner and wanted a steak. They had 30 day aged NY and I thought MMMM that sounds good.. It was. It was amazing. The next day I started thinking, I'd sure like more of that. The thought occurred to me to look up aging beef at home.. I like to do things on my own so WTH? It turns out it's not that hard to do. All you really need is a chunk of beef. I'm using a large New York cut.. about 11 pounds. A large plate or tray a rack for the meat to sit on a fan for air circulation and a mostly dedicated refrigerator. Oh yeah.. And time.. about 4-6 weeks or however long you want to age it.

I'm going for 6 weeks with mine.
The first pic is the day I put it in the fridge
View attachment 335361
The next pic is a few days later and as you can see it getting darker.
View attachment 335362
and the next is one week and I've turned it over..
View attachment 335363

It's going to be a long 5 more weeks

That's not just beef aging, it is a test of willpower.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Don you’ll invite your buddies over to try it, right?

BTw, are you joining us at PVD? November 8-10

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You bet.. After I make sure it's safe...LOL

And No, I'm still working. They added 2 more shows in Nov.
Last 2 are 8,9 and maybe the 10th... After that... It's Wheeling time!!!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Working on a hitch mount stroller rack. These double strollers take up too much damn room in the car. Turns out I can actually just drill 2 hitch pin holes to use this on my wife’s Highlander and the Jeep too.

IMG_6422.jpg

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Working on a hitch mount stroller rack. These double strollers take up too much damn room in the car. Turns out I can actually just drill 2 hitch pin holes to use this on my wife’s Highlander and the Jeep too.

That is a great simple design. You really could have something there.

black pearl

Hooked
Finished painting the house last week.
Now to finish up installing the last of the windows and a little bit of trim. Also going to use the leftover roofing materials to reside the hot tub. IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1009.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Finished painting the house last week.
Now to finish up installing the last of the windows and a little bit of trim. Also going to use the leftover roofing materials to reside the hot tub.

Looks great man.. thats a lot of work to do alone. Nice job.

Finishing up a live edge cherry cutting board as an anniversary gift for my wife. View attachment 335839

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks good. My Wife had a Bday this week too.... I also gave her wood.

WJCO

Meme King
Top Bottom