The build/re-build of Gruff

jdofmemi

That was my only concern with these wheels. What tires are you running? Did you have to use the spacers between the wheel and ring?

I'm running 37-13.50 STT Pros. I got them mounted without spacers, but I probably should have went with the spacers. The bead is really thick on these tires.
It took a lot of times around to get them torqued, and when they were finally there, the ring has a slight deflection. It is touching the wheel, but it seems to be concave. Not hardly enough to tell, but I'm sure the spacer would have made it sit better.

The picture don't really show it well. I could not find an angle that would show any better.

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_063041-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191111_063041-600x800.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 100

Ddays

Hooked
I'm running 37-13.50 STT Pros. I got them mounted without spacers, but I probably should have went with the spacers. The bead is really thick on these tires.
It took a lot of times around to get them torqued, and when they were finally there, the ring has a slight deflection. It is touching the wheel, but it seems to be concave. Not hardly enough to tell, but I'm sure the spacer would have made it sit better.

The picture don't really show it well. I could not find an angle that would show any better.

That's great, thank you. How was it getting the bead of the Coopers over the wheel lip? It was a mother when I mounted them on the Chamber Pros.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
That's great, thank you. How was it getting the bead of the Coopers over the wheel lip? It was a mother when I mounted them on the Chamber Pros.

Having mounted three sets of the Coopers so far I can say I have had mixed results. My first set was pretty easy getting them on my slabs. The second set was a bitch like you have noted and the third set wasn’t bad. I feel like it really depends on the cast you get. Obviously the rim will have its own challenges.

jdofmemi

They went on ok. Not easy, but with lube, and patience they went on.

I put the wheel on a bucket, and I used some of the old beadlock bolts along with fender washers to hold it on. I think I used 4 or 5 bolts with washers. Start on one side and work it around. The washers will hold the bead in place until the whole thing is on. Once it is all on and tapped down into place with a dead blow hammer, pull the bolts and put the ring on.

I did all 5 in 4 or 5 hours.

Ddays

Hooked
They went on ok. Not easy, but with lube, and patience they went on.

I put the wheel on a bucket, and I used some of the old beadlock bolts along with fender washers to hold it on. I think I used 4 or 5 bolts with washers. Start on one side and work it around. The washers will hold the bead in place until the whole thing is on. Once it is all on and tapped down into place with a dead blow hammer, pull the bolts and put the ring on.

I did all 5 in 4 or 5 hours.

Yeah, I can't wait. I'll have to try the fender washer trick. I think I may spring for the spacers & try them on one wheel first to see how they work.

jdofmemi

Yeah, I can't wait. I'll have to try the fender washer trick. I think I may spring for the spacers & try them on one wheel first to see how they work.

I would have tried the spacers had I known in advance. Once I was committed, it was too late to change my mind.

Here is a picture of them being mounted so you can see how the washers work. They don't need much of a bite, just enough to keep that part of the bead from jumping up while working the next part down.

You can also see how thick the bead is.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190317_105734-756x1008.jpg
    MVIMG_20190317_105734-756x1008.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 84

Ddays

Hooked
I would have tried the spacers had I known in advance. Once I was committed, it was too late to change my mind.

Here is a picture of them being mounted so you can see how the washers work. They don't need much of a bite, just enough to keep that part of the bead from jumping up while working the next part down.

You can also see how thick the bead is.

Thanks - that's perfect. When I mounted my set I put the ring on and looked at the size of that gap and thought there's no way in hell it's gonna squeeze enough to touch that wheel.
Sure enough it did. :crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked
She’s awesome, she put on her santa list a Jeep for daddy already!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, I loved it when my 3 girls were that age - they're awesome & still think dad's a hero and not a dumbass! LOL, they grow out of that phase too eventually but the middle school years are very trying. :rolleyes2:

JKbrick

Man, I loved it when my 3 girls were that age - they're awesome & still think dad's a hero and not a dumbass! LOL, they grow out of that phase too eventually but the middle school years are very trying. :rolleyes2:

I’ll just act like I have old timers around her and her friends [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Front CO's came in today. Don't care for the silver springs much but they're going to the powder coater tomorrow. Wheels officially on order through Bubba. Moving along quickly. front co.jpg

Top Bottom