Bent nitro shaft flanges, need some opinions

deadguy

I was wondering why I kept eating axle shaft bearings after finally realizing that both passanger and driver side rear axle shaft flanges are bent. Right now I'm running nitro axle 35spline shafts and from what I read they don't warranty bent flanges, so it looks like I'm in the market for some new ones. What do you guys recommend?

sent from a guy with a Jeep

wjtstudios

Hooked
Actually just pulled the trigger on the revolutions. Black Friday deal got me 85 bux off. Plus they have a warranty on bending which is a major plus lol

Revolution is awesome! The stand behind their axle shafts and when you bend them, cause it does happen, they’ll swap them. For me, all that they had asked is either send them back in so they can test them to make sure they are bent and they will send you a new set. Or, if it’s you daily driver like mine, they will ask you to buy a second set, install them, and once you send the bent ones back they will credit you back the cost of the set. They are great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I just put revolutions in to replace a really bent stocker. Fit right in with no issues. Hope you got the ones with the bearings already pressed in. I used a little red loctite on the races because they fit a little loose in the axle housing.

deadguy

I just put revolutions in to replace a really bent stocker. Fit right in with no issues. Hope you got the ones with the bearings already pressed in. I used a little red loctite on the races because they fit a little loose in the axle housing.
Glad to hear. I believe they come pressed on already.just finished installing my 3rd set of bearings on my nitros so I got pretty good at disassemble and install of new bearing and all for each shaft. Wish I would have saw it before ordering all new seals and bearings. Looks like I'll have a shaft for "just in case" on the trail.

JoeB-JKURX

Revolution BF Deal

Actually just pulled the trigger on the revolutions. Black Friday deal got me 85 bux off. Plus they have a warranty on bending which is a major plus lol

Available (per FB posting) Friday through Monday (15% off)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Revolution is a good choice for sure but depending on what tire size you're running, the back spacing on your wheels and how you play, there's no semi-float shaft that won't bend at the flange. Of course, having a good warranty like Revolution has will take care of that.

deadguy

Revolution is a good choice for sure but depending on what tire size you're running, the back spacing on your wheels and how you play, there's no semi-float shaft that won't bend at the flange. Of course, having a good warranty like Revolution has will take care of that.
I agree 1000%. Im running 3.75 bs beadlocks with Cooper 37x13.5s on a 2dr, so it's not the heaviest setup but definitely strains it enough obviously.

deadguy

Can someone post a picture of what a bent axle shaft at the flange looks like. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
It's so minute you can't tell by looking other than holding a stationary object close to the flange while it spins. We are talking thousandths of an inch. As you bolt up a rotor/wheel and tire it will be way more noticeable. Most people get a squeak noise as well

Top Bottom