Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone. Feels good to pay it off after having it for two years. Hell it just turned over 12k. Usually my vehicles get traded in before they ever get paid off. [emoji23]

Congrats man! :rock: What a great feeling that is and cant wait to see your rig with an LS3.

I can't wait either! Not going to happen any time soon. Maybe by the end of the year at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Been working a long rotation at work this time around, 130 days +. Due home for over a month off work in 6 weeks! Stack of parts waiting again. Bestop Twill Trektop NX, Evo Mfg skid for the evap, and some other odds and ends. Also need to pull the Rockhard sport cage to get powered coated, which I'm not looking forward to. Have a set of Crown stainless steel braided air lines for my ARB lockers, which should fix my non-locking rear ARB. Planning on a set of half doors as well. Can't wait to get home and on the trails again! Planning on some more difficult trails down in the Florence Junction area on this next break.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Been working a long rotation at work this time around, 130 days +. Due home for over a month off work in 6 weeks! Stack of parts waiting again. Bestop Twill Trektop NX, Evo Mfg skid for the evap, and some other odds and ends. Also need to pull the Rockhard sport cage to get powered coated, which I'm not looking forward to. Have a set of Crown stainless steel braided air lines for my ARB lockers, which should fix my non-locking rear ARB. Planning on a set of half doors as well. Can't wait to get home and on the trails again! Planning on some more difficult trails down in the Florence Junction area on this next break.

The temperatures are skyrocketing down here just in time for you, LOL! Almost 100 by Sunday. Still, a hot day on the trail is better than all that work without a much of a break. Getting all those new parts on will be a blast, your cooler temps up there will make it more fun to turn wrenches. :beer: Here's to well earned time off!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The temperatures are skyrocketing down here just in time for you, LOL! Almost 100 by Sunday. Still, a hot day on the trail is better than all that work without a much of a break. Getting all those new parts on will be a blast, your cooler temps up there will make it more fun to turn wrenches. :beer: Here's to well earned time off!

That's why I live in Prescott! [emoji38] Too hot in the summer. Temps up here are great in July and August. Plus we still get snow once or twice per winter.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I live in Prescott! [emoji38] Too hot in the summer. Temps up here are great in July and August. Plus we still get snow once or twice per winter.

Weather up where you're at is more hospitable for sure. Can't believe they're seeing triple digits out there already. :icon_crazy:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Weather up where you're at is more hospitable for sure. Can't believe they're seeing triple digits out there already. :icon_crazy:

Way to early in the year for triple digit temps. Almost to the time of the year that the Phoenix Valley won't have a day with a high below 100 until Sept or so.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well I got home from a nearly 5 month rotation in Kabul for work just a few days ago, and welcomed our 3rd kid into the world the day I got home. Things have slowed down a bit now that my wife and daughter are home, so back to working on the Jeep.

First priority is figuring out why the ARB Locker in the ProRock 80 won't lock. Earlier in this thread Eddie mentioned it was likely a melted airline due to the routing Offroad Evolution chose when they installed the air lines, inside the frame rail. Eddie mentioned it gets dry hot and likely melted my rear airline. He was correct.

IMG_7368.jpg

This was in the section of frame rail right next to the driver side catalytic converter. Melted closed on both ends.

New Crown Stainless steel airline going in.

Image1496691588.999080.jpg

These things are quality lines and coated in a plastic sleeve, just like the Crown brake lines.

Image1496691703.368286.jpg

Top Bottom