The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Man. You really forget how far cars have come. The Camry has no Bluetooth, or USB inputs. It does have an auxiliary connector, that doesn’t work. I’m stuck listening to regular radio!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Lol for my Honda it’s a basic cd and cassette, yes I wrote cassette, player! Have to use one of the tape aux adapters to use my iPhone in the car otherwise it’s radio lol

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The oil leak, that I thought was transmission related, turned out to be engine oil. It’s so thin, I thought it was transmission oil. It also, is not leaking much, because I have yet to see a significant drop on the dipstick.

The front crankshaft seal is blown. It is covered under warranty, and should be finished, tomorrow. They are also replacing the oil pan seal, even though I never found a leak there.

I still haven’t changed the rear axle seal. Too busy at work.

notnalc68

The dealership didn’t clean up the engine, after fixing my oil leak. Idk how you can tell it isn’t leaking like that, so I bought a couple of cans of Gunk brand engine degreaser, and cleaned it up. It did a pretty good job. Now I’ll watch it to see if it’s still leaking.

Hopefully, I’ll get the rear axle seal done, this weekend. I know I don’t really need it, but I bought an ARB rear differential cover, to install. I like that it has the low drain plug, and a dipstick in the fill hole.

IMG_1047.jpg

notnalc68

How are those 5000x? I’ve been curious about those

They are much nicer than stock. They aren’t 9000’s, but they are a lot cheaper. My shocks were worn out, and I plan to do an EVO Enforcer lift, a little later, so I went with the 5000x, while they were running the Shocktober rebate. IMO, they are a great shock, for the money.

SilverBack775

They are much nicer than stock. They aren’t 9000’s, but they are a lot cheaper. My shocks were worn out, and I plan to do an EVO Enforcer lift, a little later, so I went with the 5000x, while they were running the Shocktober rebate. IMO, they are a great shock, for the money.

Thanks! I had the bilsteins 5100 on mine, and I just got the 3 enforcer life. I splurged and bought the King 2.5’s. Havnt put them on yet, but man they look awesome. Well built and just beautiful shocks really! They are so nice, I don’t even want to install them. Haha!

notnalc68

Back to the dealership. It may have been leaking at the crank seal, but it’s still leaking where I originally thought it was, between the transmission and transfer case.

IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg

notnalc68

So the dealership just called, asking me if the transfer case had ever been removed. I told them I didn’t remove it, and it’s an f’n certified preowned. I guess they’ll try not to warranty it.

notnalc68

The pre-axle dump set up, for my Dynomax Quiet Crawler, kept moving around and rattling. I bought the rear pipe and hooked it up, thinking maybe the rear hanger would give it more stability.

I had to cut the pipe, to clear my bumper. My angle grinder took a dump, so I had to finish with my Dremel. I’ll clean up the cut, later.

IMG_1159.jpg
IMG_1157.jpg

I’m about to change out the rear axle seals, so to get started, I drained the fluid. While I was at it, I installed a new differential cover, following this write up, by Wayoflife.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/7626-Heavy-Duty-Axle-Differential-Cover-Installation-Write-Up

IMG_1151.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg

Hope it doesn’t leak!

Top Bottom