Sale Thread - Parts, Tools, Trips, ANYTHING

MTG

Caught the Bug
i dont have that particular model, but one similar and it comes in very handy in my opinion.

andrew -

Yeah, I'm thinking I might want the 1/2" hose instead.

The plastic one that came with my compressor was not made to be ran over by a jeep aparently. :idontknow:

Yeah, I'm thinking I might want the 1/2" hose instead.

The plastic one that came with my compressor was not made to be ran over by a jeep aparently. :idontknow:

NOPE! it is not. I actually ran 1/2" hose off my compressor, which is in the back of my garage, to the wheel, which is in the front of my garage. It allows me pretty easy access whether I am using it in or out of the garage. I also have ans additional 50' of 1/2" to add if I need it. The original hose that my compressor came with has NEVER been used. I think it is in the bottom drawer in my tool box still all pretty and new.

MTG

Caught the Bug
NOPE! it is not. I actually ran 1/2" hose off my compressor, which is in the back of my garage, to the wheel, which is in the front of my garage. It allows me pretty easy access whether I am using it in or out of the garage. I also have ans additional 50' of 1/2" to add if I need it. The original hose that my compressor came with has NEVER been used. I think it is in the bottom drawer in my tool box still all pretty and new.

I was thinking about doing something similar. Or at least putting in a "T" and running one to each bay of my garage. The 50' 1/2 hose without the wheel or only $30 so I might just buy a few of those.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Pittsburg torque wrenches are on sale at HF for $10.99 (from $34.00) with the email coupon.

I had one of these that I broke and they replaced it free of charge without receipt just the other day. :thumb:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I was thinking about doing something similar. Or at least putting in a "T" and running one to each bay of my garage. The 50' 1/2 hose without the wheel or only $30 so I might just buy a few of those.

Not sure about the cost difference between PVC and 1/2" air hose but our entire shop is plumbed for air using 1" PVC. It doesn't leak and because it's PVC you can get all the hardware you could want to make a clean installation. Hose is floppy and I would think it might be hard to make it look good hanging on the wall. And with hose you have to have a special end swaged (basically pressed) onto the hose. PVC is easy!:yup:

I have never had any issues with high pressures in the lines. We run a 75 gallon compressor.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not sure about the cost difference between PVC and 1/2" air hose but our entire shop is plumbed for air using 1" PVC. It doesn't leak and because it's PVC you can get all the hardware you could want to make a clean installation. Hose is floppy and I would think it might be hard to make it look good hanging on the wall. And with hose you have to have a special end swaged (basically pressed) onto the hose. PVC is easy!:yup:

I have never had any issues with high pressures in the lines. We run a 75 gallon compressor.

Cool, thanks!

I ran over to HF and they were out of 1/2" anyway. I just grabbed a 50' 3/8 line so I can (hopefully) get my wheels mounted tomorrow. :thumb:

I'll figure out the shop lines in the future.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Not really a sale, but for the guys cutting their flares found a light similar to the one Eddie uses on write up for fender trimming. Nice thing it is sealed and has a rubber gasket attached to it. DOT approved, and led comes in orange or red. Found at O'Reilly's for $6.99.

ForumRunner_20130412_221931.png

ForumRunner_20130412_222006.png

ForumRunner_20130412_222030.jpg

Prime8

How they working out for you?

They work great! Just drilled a hole through the sheet metal after cutting my fenders then took a dremel grinding disc and slid it behind the plastic, turned it on, and pulled it into the plastic towards myself. That's how I got that nice radius in the plastic around the light. Then wired the light, put a little clear silicone on the hole, and pushed the lights in. That's all there was too it.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
They work great! Just drilled a hole through the sheet metal after cutting my fenders then took a dremel grinding disc and slid it behind the plastic, turned it on, and pulled it into the plastic towards myself. That's how I got that nice radius in the plastic around the light. Then wired the light, put a little clear silicone on the hole, and pushed the lights in. That's all there was too it.

Sweet thanks for tip!

Top Bottom