Drain Holes on KMC XD Wheels

Ddays

Hooked
Hey man, I didn't realize it was that boring in Portland that guys had to go looking for things to do, like using their woodworking routers to make slots in their aluminum wheels :thinking:
I think everyone that commented can appreciate the result you were after, but maybe we were scratching their heads over whether the benefits were worth the amount of effort being expended. And how doing this would affect the integrity of your wheels

Like Brute suggested:

Shamwow.jpg

Hope you post up some followup pics of the how the balancing went....

SLO

Hey man, I didn't realize it was that boring in Portland that guys had to go looking for things to do, like using their woodworking routers to make slots in their aluminum wheels :thinking:
I think everyone that commented can appreciate the result you were after, but maybe we were scratching their heads over whether the benefits were worth the amount of effort being expended. And how doing this would affect the integrity of your wheels

Like Brute suggested:

View attachment 318751

Hope you post up some followup pics of the how the balancing went....

👍 Yeah, I get it. Like I said at the beginning...I get stuck on an idea and enjoy creating something unique that achieves a desire as futile as it can be sometimes. I'll definitely post the results.

CalSgt

Hooked
Have you considered how you are going to keep the router bit cool to reduce the chance that it will violently fail?

Rubicon310

The best way to install those bags of beads is to go to a really high hill and throw the fuckers over it. All 4 of them They don't work. At all.

I couldn't find a shop to balance my Chamber Pros/Cooper STT's when I installed them 3 years ago. No one would touch them. Hoinestly, until they got about 25-30k miles on them they were fine. As they wore they started to give me some vibrations above 70 so I tried the bags. Total waste of time. Did absolutely nothing. I ended up shop vacuuming them out after I found a shop that would balance them for me. The only imbalance those damn things help with is felt between the ears. :grayno:

Brutal honesty!! That’s why I love it here. Thanks for the info, I’ve heard nothing but negative things about the bead bags. I’m glad you confirmed it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Your theory is sound. I get what you’re trying to do and I don’t think it will hurt the wheel integrity or balance. I do however think it’s a waste of time. Just my opinion though. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Why do you need drill holes in the first place?...my rig is up in the PNW, we get rain...when I get in a he garage, I check the wheels; if there is a puddle of water in them, I break out the microfiber towel...not the drill

Since I installed on board air I blow the water out of my wheels with an air nozzle

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
will be interested to see how it all turns out.

personally, that's more patience and time than i've got and would just order the XD229 rings.

Speaking of, I almost bought XD229 rings for my Chamber Pros II's because i got OCD during day after day of rain and not being able to keep it out of the wheel.

The cost of XD229 rings only made the cost of buying a new set of wheels reasonable so i bought new wheels :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom