What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Clark Griswold

The dreaded lack of heat on the drivers side, dealer first said it was premature corrosion and need a new rad, oil cooler and heater core, took it up with Chrysler corporate and now the dealer claims coolants were mixed, I have no symptoms of the casting sand nor indications of mixed coolant and I do get full heat after it is off for an hour or so and I get back on the road. Had the coolant flushed and replaced just to be sure, are there issues with doors in the heater section not operating correctly or sticking sometimes? I have checked to make sure the actuators are moving as well. I'm at a loss and do not want to pay $2500 for a guess.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
The dreaded lack of heat on the drivers side, dealer first said it was premature corrosion and need a new rad, oil cooler and heater core, took it up with Chrysler corporate and now the dealer claims coolants were mixed, I have no symptoms of the casting sand nor indications of mixed coolant and I do get full heat after it is off for an hour or so and I get back on the road. Had the coolant flushed and replaced just to be sure, are there issues with doors in the heater section not operating correctly or sticking sometimes? I have checked to make sure the actuators are moving as well. I'm at a loss and do not want to pay $2500 for a guess.

Wow [emoji15] how shitty of Chrysler... assuming coolants weren't mixed.
Best of luck to you.

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

BRaVell

Snapped the bolt on my rear sway bar.
connecting to the axle. That then broke the broke the connector to my abs wire. Anyone know who to contact to purchase new cable?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

Today i got bad news that i will be going under the knife for a corneal transplant surgery. But, i dont need sympathy for that, the troubling thing is the Jeep is in the shop with a miss in the 6th cylinder and needs to have the head replaced. Im sad.

jkris

Today i got bad news that i will be going under the knife for a corneal transplant surgery. But, i dont need sympathy for that, the troubling thing is the Jeep is in the shop with a miss in the 6th cylinder and needs to have the head replaced. Im sad.

I hope all goes well for you and your Jeep. Keep us posted how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Colorado2003

I just saw this and wanted to let you know my experience. I had this same problem 2 times and the dealer said similar things on my 2010 build. After fighting with them and replacing 2 heater cores they finally broke and replaced my whole engine due to casting sand. The issue would continue to happen if they did not do this. The engin was covered under the power train. I do not know if yours will be the same casse I had a hell of a time with my last jeep. I ended up selling it over a year ago. Just food for thought.

jkLogan

IMG_4594.JPG felt something a little weird while going around a corner last night. Had to limp her home like this. Looks like it's time to buy shocks...

Clark Griswold

Thanks for sharing your experience, I would hate to have to sell or trade as everything else has been perfect with it plus I really like the color, I will be getting a second opinion from another dealer soon. I am still inside the powertrain warranty for abother 25k miles and 11 months so I have time to fight!

jkLogan

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It's funny to think about. I loved my CJ7, gave me lots of problems. I loved my 2013 2 door, several bad water pumps, transmission tube recall and pinion seal went out after a few months. I loved my GC JKU and that gave me a bunch of shit. Now I sit here with BOHICA, contemplating whether or not to trade it in and get a Rubi or save up for a PR44, have almost traded it in several times and you know what, this has been the most reliable Jeep I have ever owned. WTF is wrong with me lol!

Dever

Installed a dual band radio in a Tuffy overhead console. Ran the antenna cable down the drivers side A pillar and out to the engine bay through the firewall. Went to program it, keyed the mic and the ETC light started blinking, RPMs went to 2,000, and the skinny pedal went dead. Happily the ETC resets with an engine shutdown/restart, but I don't think I'll be talking on the radio until I can figure out what the hell's going on...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom