I feel privileged to be accosted by the Wayalife clique.

Exodus 4x4

[emoji106][emoji106] I was definitely very pleasantly surprised. I don't know for sure that it is always USA steel though as they don't advertise it as such. I'm thinking they could possibly have a couple venders for steel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah it’s always hit or miss around here. The other thing I’ll add is $190 is great deal for theirs and right in line with me. My price is higher due to tig being a longer welding process and I powder coat them.

After I bent my stock tie rod I went with the RuffStuff DOM tie rod. Bent that one less than a month later. I am now running the RPM Fab Aluminum tie rod and it's been great. I wanted to try out Synergy because I run their drag link and suspension, but I just had to see what the aluminum hype was about.

Exodus 4x4

After I bent my stock tie rod I went with the RuffStuff DOM tie rod. Bent that one less than a month later. I am now running the RPM Fab Aluminum tie rod and it's been great. I wanted to try out Synergy because I run their drag link and suspension, but I just had to see what the aluminum hype was about.

I’ve heard this and it really surprises me. I honestly don’t know how the hell people are bending tie rods like this.

drrags

I bend my drag link *every* time I go out on the rocks and my tie rod every few times. I've always replaced with stock components thinking I'd have to buy a lot of them to catch up to the price of the hi-zoot products. Not anymore. I'm done with that and ordered the RPMFAB aluminum tie rod and drag link. Yeah, I bend my tie rod bashing into or dropping onto or backing over rocks after screwing up my line, or sliding off something or anything else unplanned.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I bend my drag link *every* time I go out on the rocks and my tie rod every few times. I've always replaced with stock components thinking I'd have to buy a lot of them to catch up to the price of the hi-zoot products. Not anymore. I'm done with that and ordered the RPMFAB aluminum tie rod and drag link. Yeah, I bend my tie rod bashing into or dropping onto or backing over rocks after screwing up my line, or sliding off something or anything else unplanned.

Dude, every time? That’s rough. You drive like a raped ape or pick bad lines or just unlucky?

JKbrick

Yeah it’s always hit or miss around here. The other thing I’ll add is $190 is great deal for theirs and right in line with me. My price is higher due to tig being a longer welding process and I powder coat them.

What about chrome plating? I’ll be looking into one of yours, hadn’t noticed they were that reasonable [emoji106][emoji106]

Sullivan

I tried the ruff stuff tie rod with the GM offset heims. It doesn’t work with my UD60 axles. The tie rod is not indexed away from the axle enough. It hits my cover pretty hard. And no way would I have room for my hydro clamp.
I went back to my synergy.
But I just snapped my synergy in half this weekend. Fell off a rock and the rock was just in the perfect spot to cause it to shear.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You need to learn how to drive before you spend more money on your jeep.

I-Eat-Mud

My vote in here is .25 wall DOM, just have somebody fabricate it for you. I doubt it will be as expensive as most you can order pre-made online. I have personally landed the whole front end of my jeep onto my DOM tie rod, and no telling how many times its kissed rocks; it is still fine. I'm pretty surprised people have bent them at all. Aluminum seems pretty cool, but I guess i'm stuck with the if its not broke mentality.

drrags

Dude, every time? That’s rough. You drive like a raped ape or pick bad lines or just unlucky?

I drive slow and steady, especially since this is my only vehicle. But I'm rather new to this so I go out as often as I can and learn as much as I can, so I usually hit trails I'm under-qualified for and I make plenty of mistakes.

Check out the drag link. Somehow slipping off my line into that position bowed my drag link.
JeepOnRock.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I drive slow and steady, especially since this is my only vehicle. But I'm rather new to this so I go out as often as I can and learn as much as I can, so I usually hit trails I'm under-qualified for and I make plenty of mistakes.

Check out the drag link. Somehow slipping off my line into that position bowed my drag link.

From what I've seen, a bent drag link is typically caused from running bigger tires and trying to steer in difficult situations - most typically when the front lockers are engaged. Muscling your steering wheel alone can generate enough force to bend it. If you run a ram assist, you will not bend your drag link. Trust me, Rubicat is still running a factory drag link even with her 40" tires.

TrailHunter

Hooked
From what I've seen, a bent drag link is typically caused from running bigger tires and trying to steer in difficult situations - most typically when the front lockers are engaged. Muscling your steering wheel alone can generate enough force to bend it. If you run a ram assist, you will not bend your drag link. Trust me, Rubicat is still running a factory drag link even with her 40" tires.

Eddie, quick question... I also have noticed a very slight bend in my drag link.... probably from pushing my stocker through some tougher areas... Both you & Bubba have recommended running the factory drag link... But If one does not plan on running a Ram Assist for a long while... would it be a good idea to upgrade the drag link? My fear though is the pressure that may put on the Sector Shaft.... especially when I bump up to 35’s.... (But I am very interested in the PSC box without the Ram Assist if only for the larger sector shaft)

drrags

Now that you've said that, I remember my spotter yelling "Turn passenger! Turn that wheel as hard as you can! Put some muscle into it!" I couldn't turn right very far afterwards. Lot's of 3-point right hand turns to get off the trail after that. Hydro-assist, eh$ Dangit.

Top Bottom