LOBSTAH QUEST Part 1 : JL/JT Experience - Driving Our Gladiator Across the Country

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This... oh this is gonna be one for the record books. I’m gonna take a shot at 21:20

LOL - well, I hope we don't disappoint. :crazyeyes:

Great film to start the series! Guys made great time. Looking forward to the rest of the series wheeling the slick rocks and leaves!

What you guys have to wheel on is the real deal. It was a real test for the Gladiator.

Long drive, but it looks like you had a good time!

Put me down for 18:12, one second longer than Part 1!

Had a blast for sure. Real happy we took our Gladiator out to an area where it fits in the least. :yup:

Awesome , been waiting for the videos to come out. Ill have to guess 42:18 for the next video

Glad to hear it and hope we can get them out to you soon. :yup:

Can’t believe you guys are getting these out already! No rest! I guess you did have 30+ hours on the road! Can’t wait to see the next one

For better or for worse, we had a lot of time on our hands getting back home :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is a serious amount of driving...I remember well my first experience with toll booths as a teenager. I took a Greyhound bus from MA to NJ to buy a '68 VW van, then learned to drive it on the I95 back up to MA...it had a three foot long shift lever, and finding 1st gear was challenging, so I drove thru the toll booths in 2nd gear trying not to stall and throw a dime into the basket hoping the gate would open before I had to stop. I finally got shifting it down about somewhere in Connecticut...

LOL - too funny. Too bad it costs more like $10 these days instead of 10¢ :rolleyes2:

Only you two could make a 3000 mile freeway video fun to watch (twice). Can’t wait to see Pt. 2.

38:46

:cheesy: Glad to hear we did a good enough job of our drive out to deserve a second viewing :D

Awesome start!!

Thank you :)

What a drive! I cannot wait to see the rest of this series!

It was a long drive for sure but a fun one. Fortunately, we were able to do it in comfort :)

Great video! I don’t know how you stay so chipper traveling all that way! I tend to get a little frayed and maybe grumpy traveling a lot less! Lol!

I won't lie, there were times it got tough but only because we couldn't stop more and enjoy the sights. When we can do that, drives like this are a lot of fun. :yup:

Nice job with the answered questions and truly giving a visual to a long drive. Looking forward to the series. So what was your total toll bill? I think ours was over $100 with the trailer. We decided to select “avoid tolls” coming back.

Man, I stopped counting after a while. It was just too depressing. What really sucked is that with the exception of Indiana, all the other tolls were cash only. :rolleyes2:

rubiDave

22:22
You guys made good time and your gladiator looks great. My hometown is Toledo and I'm not missing it[emoji38]. Cool that you got to stop by the Jeep factory though.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

With a name like Lobstah Quest, I better see at least one (1) clip of you stuffing your face with a lobster roll. Or cracking into a steamed lobster, dripping in drawn butter of course.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
toll roads all the way! need longer arms to reach those tickets? lol

passing those rigs on 40's was impressive :thumb:

Part 2... 29:43

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Way to take the long out of long trip! All of your posts during JL/JTX have the anticipation levels high.

Guessing 28:30

LOL - well, we sure hope we won't disappoint you with our videos :)

Arghh...so jealous. [emoji23] Great Q&A and video!

Thank you my friend :)

22:22
You guys made good time and your gladiator looks great. My hometown is Toledo and I'm not missing it[emoji38]. Cool that you got to stop by the Jeep factory though.

LOL - Toledo is a neat place to visit but I could see why you're happier out west :)

Great intro and can't wait for the next one:thumb:
18:11 is my guess.

Thanks!

Can’t wait to watch this I have some catching up to do on the build videos and this. I better start watching!

Hope you enjoy what you see :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I always enjoy watching ... I'm looking forward to the rest of the adventure...

Awesome and thank you :)

With a name like Lobstah Quest, I better see at least one (1) clip of you stuffing your face with a lobster roll. Or cracking into a steamed lobster, dripping in drawn butter of course.

LOL!

toll roads all the way! need longer arms to reach those tickets? lol

passing those rigs on 40's was impressive :thumb:

Part 2... 29:43

No kidding! The toll booths are sitting on concrete curbs that stick way out and prevented me from getting closer or without climbing up on top of them.

As far as power goes, I know it's hard for some to believe but the 3.6L with 8-speed automatic really does do amazingly well.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Good to see that the power train is keeping up with all the modifications! Your Gladiator is nothing short of awesome! As always, thank you for taking us along on your journey!

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was a cool video and start to the trip. I could imagine myself trying to figure out the toll booths and my wife reminding me how many people are behind me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Napalm

Great video. Kudos to you guys, can’t imagine driving almost 25 hours straight with only small car naps in between. You guys rock! Great video! Thanks for bringing us along.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see that the power train is keeping up with all the modifications! Your Gladiator is nothing short of awesome! As always, thank you for taking us along on your journey!

Yeah, we're super happy about the all new 8-speed auto. When we went to 40's on our JK, we were dying to get more power. On our JL and now JT, I'd have to say that we're still pretty happy with what we've got :yup:

That was a cool video and start to the trip. I could imagine myself trying to figure out the toll booths and my wife reminding me how many people are behind me. Lol

LOL - it really did suck but really, they could do a better job of explaining how everything works before you get to the toll booth. Some states did a better job of this than others.

Great video! Such a long trip, looking fwd to the rest! You need to get some longer arms for those toll stops! Lol

Seriously!! The concrete curb extended so far out that even with my tires pushing up against them, I could barely reach the ticket machine :crazyeyes:

Great video. Kudos to you guys, can’t imagine driving almost 25 hours straight with only small car naps in between. You guys rock! Great video! Thanks for bringing us along.

It was tough but really, we had no other choice if we wanted to get to New York on time. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

jdofmemi

It was a great way to cut a long trip into an enjoyable video.

Looking forward to seeing the next in this series. Let the wheeling begin!

Part two, 24:20

Top Bottom