Looking at lifting JKU

2014billet

I have a 2014 JKU, have been researching lift kits and can't decide which to go with, currently looking at Old Man EMU 2"…I had an '07 JK and put on the Teraflex 2.5" BB…just wondering if it's worth the extra money to go with new springs and shocks or go with another BB? This will be a daily driver and looking to run 33's.

Atch

I have a 2014 JKU, have been researching lift kits and can't decide which to go with, currently looking at Old Man EMU 2"…I had an '07 JK and put on the Teraflex 2.5" BB…just wondering if it's worth the extra money to go with new springs and shocks or go with another BB? This will be a daily driver and looking to run 33's.

Will you be wheeling at all or just a DD??

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Rancho 2" sport kit with the 9000 shocks. Right now Rancho has a rebate. Perfect kit for running 33" tires. Look on Amazon for them under 400 bucks. Comes with front springs, bump stops, brake line extensions and rear pucks and 4 shocks that you can adjust to your liking. Pretty complete kit to run. And made in America

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you're just looking to run 33's, I personally would just get another spacer lift with shock extensions. They are dirt cheap and will keep you from needing to address your front drive shaft.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rancho 2" sport kit with the 9000 shocks. Right now Rancho has a rebate. Perfect kit for running 33" tires. Look on Amazon for them under 400 bucks. Comes with front springs, bump stops, brake line extensions and rear pucks and 4 shocks that you can adjust to your liking. Pretty complete kit to run. And made in America

This is a great option ^^^

2014billet

It will see some wheeling, Silver Lake sand dunes a few times a year and whatever else comes up. I have a small tent camper we haul up north, and we will be running some two tracks. Nothing radical though. Mostly hauling kids around town.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm ready to order this kit myself to put on the wife's jeep. A guy can get it for 330 bucks after rebates. That's a he'll of a deal. You can't buy the shocks alone for that price.

Yeah, that really is a hard deal to beat. :yup:

olram30

It will see some wheeling, Silver Lake sand dunes a few times a year and whatever else comes up. I have a small tent camper we haul up north, and we will be running some two tracks. Nothing radical though. Mostly hauling kids around town.

If you check out ranchos Facebook page, they have a photo album if just the 2"kit. See if you like the stance of some of those rigs.

2014billet

Didn't even look into Rancho's lift, I have had there lifts on solid axle old Chevy's and they were stiff to say the least. I will defiantly check into them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile ap

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't even look into Rancho's lift, I have had there lifts on solid axle old Chevy's and they were stiff to say the least. I will defiantly check into them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile ap

Times have changed and really, the kit in question comes with nice new springs up front and spacers in the rear. The shocks are adjustable RS9000's and really hard not to find a setting that you'll like.

Drunic

This looks good since I am in the market, and I can use the shocks when I go enforcer next year. I was considering spacers for the year since I need a cheaper lift for 35's in the fall.

2014billet

Thanks for all the info and help. Just ordered the Rancho 2" sport kit. Now to pick out rims and tires.

2014billet

Received my 2" sport kit today and have a quick question. When I did my research and ordered this kit it said it would come with front coils and front and rear coil spacers. My kit only has spacers for the rear. Was something re designed so it does not use the front spacers?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Received my 2" sport kit today and have a quick question. When I did my research and ordered this kit it said it would come with front coils and front and rear coil spacers. My kit only has spacers for the rear. Was something re designed so it does not use the front spacers?

if my research is right you have exactly what you need. new coils up front and a spacer for the rear to level things out.

olram30

as cozdude said, they have longer front coils now and rear spacers. :thumb:

2014billet

Yes I have everything on the parts list, and I'm happy to learn that the front spacers are not needed. And thanks for the super fast responses.

Top Bottom